Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA Silent On Castille
Quote: @medaille said:
I’ve been pulled over a lot for speeding, etc. when I was
younger.  I’m a white male.  I don’t own a gun.  There has never been a time when I haven’t
had my license and insurance ready before the officer got to the car.  Not getting shot is a thought I have every
time.  I’m not going to be reaching for
anything when the officer is there.

I’m starting to get to the point where
I’m not interested in victimhood.  I feel
like people are way too interested in embracing role of being the victim and then
trying to get someone else to change.  It
seems pretty unlikely that everyone else is going to change to make your life
easier.  You’ve got to do what you need
to to improve your own life.  It’s a much
better path than not doing anything and expecting the world to change.
when i was 19 i went to the cities to visit my family over there for a few days, one evening I was staying with my uncle who had just recently moved to suburb that i wasnt familiar with the area,  anyway I went to get a couple movies and some smokes about midnight that required me to make a few turns,  i remembered that the road I needed to turn down to get back I could see a tom thumb so as i was driving down a main road I slowed a couple times as I neared an intersection to look down for the tom thumb, the second one I then signaled and turned down... now there was nobody on the road that night and there were no street lights as this was a rural area,  but there was apparently a cop following me down that road with his headlights off,  and as soon as I made my turn he hit his headlights and the berries at the same time... i pulled over immediately.  now this wasnt the first time I had been pulled over and I wasnt really sure what I could have done,  but as I had been instructed to do so many times in the past I started to grab my registration and proof of insurance from the glove box as i waited for the officer,  my hand was in the glove box when the screaming started,  that officer was very adamant that I slowly put my hands on the dash... very adamant and if his tone wasnt enough to convince me,  the Beretta in my face was awfully convincing.

I did as instructed,  didnt get flippant and was let on my way.   apparently my license plate was covered with mud and my erratic driving, slowing due to being unfamiliar with the area was a "drunk move",  so he was just checking me out.... long story short,  we can all end up in bad situations,  but its how we handle those situations, and not necessarily our skin color,  that often dictates how they end up.  I am convinced to this day that if I had made a quick move that he would have painted my dash with the contents of my skull... that cop was very jacked up to see me digging in my glove box as he approached my car.