Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings vs. Eagles to open the 2018 NFL season on Thursday night
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Omfg! There will actually be one good Thursday night football game this season.
Yup, probably the only Thursday game that will get a minute of my time.

I am going to call it now... it will be a blow out one way or the other.  It shouldnt be,  it should be a very evenly matched contest,  but it will get over hyped and it will end up being an ass whooping by one team.

I remember when fans wanted the rematch game against the Saints to open 2010 as well...

Philly will be favored and they probably will win this game. What's changed for them? And this will be Minnesota's first game with a new QB on the road at the Super Bowl champs. It will be apeshit at that stadium. Tough place to win no matter who you are. 

I hope for a slugfest with the game close in the 4th quarter. Anyone's game then.

One thing is that both teams will be fresh and ready to go...the Vikings defense, the last time they played were already winded from being on the field too long in games during the season.  Also, player personnel have changed on both sides that will effect the outcome of the game.  Hopefully in the Viking's favor.  Weinz is not going to 100% game ready rehabbing his knee either. 

Maybe Zim will have figured out how to stop the RPO by then...