Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Drafts?
When do the usual suspects around here who watch a lot more college ball from various conferences than I, start dropping their full mock drafts? I do a little research, and usually toy around with a couple, but enjoy reading other's thoughts.

Here is one for you ...

TRADES
OAKLAND RAIDERS
SENT: ROUND: 3 PICK: 30 & FUTURE ROUND 3 PICK
RECEIVED: ROUND: 3 PICK: 11 & ROUND: 5 PICK: 22

ATLANTA FALCONS
SENT: ROUND: 5 PICK: 22 & ROUND: 6 PICK: 30
RECEIVED: ROUND: 4 PICK: 26

30: R1P30 DL VITA VEA WASHINGTON
62: R2P30 TE MARK ANDREWS OKLAHOMA
75: R3P11 G BILLY PRICE OHIO STATE
126: R4P26 WR DANTE PETTIS WASHINGTON
167: R5P30 CB BRANDON FACYSON VIRGINIA TECH
213: R6P39 EDGE ADE ARUNA TULANE
218: R6P44 S TROY APKE PENN STATE
225: R7P7 LB OREN BURKS VANDERBILT

If Vea falls to #30 it would be hard to pass.  It will give the Vikings another body to rotate because they need to rotate their defensive line more.

I probably should have just taken Price in the 2nd round (if he even lasts that long but the torn pec may give some teams pause).  Also, last year a lot of draftniks were claiming that Elflein was going to go earlier than he ended up going so you really never know.

That draft would be one hell of a haul.  :3
Some serious talent all the way to the end.
I've got my Top 50 done, but mocking a draft before FA is really hard for me.
I'll post a First Round Mock, and a Vikes 7-Round Mock soon.

I've got a good feeling about this Draft for Minnesota. 

I was just looking at Troy Apke yesterday.  I like what I saw. I did not realize he had run the 40 as fast as he did at the Combine. He killed it.  Round 6, huh?

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
I was just looking at Troy Apke yesterday.  I like what I saw. I did not realize he had run the 40 as fast as he did at the Combine. He killed it.  Round 6, huh?
Yes.  He is a 6th rounder in my mocks all day long!  Smile

Unfortunately, after running that fast, some team will probably snatch him up in the 4th.

At the worst, he could be one heck of a gunner.

Vea falling to us in the first is a little hard to swallow.  I would be all over it if it did happen.
I'm not sure I get all the love for Billy Price.  In your case it makes sense since you are getting him in the third. 
There is no OT among your picks but it is hard to argue with Vea and Andrews.  Unfortunately, we would have to hope someone gets cut because I did not see any OT worth signing right now in the FA market. That, or hope that Hill improves this off season.