Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foxsport's Cowherd: 'Signing Cousins makes Vikings NFCN favorites for forseeable future'
I watched Cowherd this morning.  He's generally bullsih on the Vikings and thinks that we just need a stable solid QB which is what Cousins is.  But mostly I think he's down on the Packers.  He really trashed them on their overall roster and wasting so much of Rodgers time.

Quote: @greediron said:
@mgobluevikes said:
DT would seem logical, but man we had no pass pressure those last 6 quarters. If we weren't blitzing, we were watching the QB roasting weenies back there the last few games. Before everyone blames EG's foot injury, I seem to remember the same type of situation the year before.

Our DE's seem to run out of gas at the  end of the year. Hunter seems to have been figured out. He needs to develop some additional moves to consistently get to the QB. We also need depth at the position. We're also playing with fire if we don't get another DB or 2.
I think the depth at DE has been lacking and as you say, the DEs run out of gas as the year goes on.  BRob is the only sub worth playing time and he spends so much time on the interior in our nickle, that he really isn't a sub.  Tom Johnson has been servicable, but I think he has really worn down the last two years late in the year. 

So getting a threat at 3Tech and some quality depth at DE is probably our most critical need this year.
I totally agree that depth at DE and DT has been lacking.  I think part of the problem is that we've invested so heavily in our offense the last two years including the trade for Bradford.  Obviously they needed that influx of talent and still need more talent.  But one thing I don't get is our lack of rotation.  We've got younger guys that should be getting more playing time.  They don't need to be starters, but get them some reps.  We always seem to be in a position where a guy is going to leave, and now we've got a guy who's been on the team for two years but we can't trust him because we've never seen him play.