Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 Times the Vikes Appeared on SI Covers – Here are ALL of them!

[Image: Sports_Illustrated_702677_19880118-001-2...887%2C1200]18 Times the Vikes Appeared on SI Covers – Here are ALL of them!
These are in reverse chronological order (newest first) and there are 18 times in the 57 years of the franchise that the team appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Here is every one, and mos…

Read the full story here

Wow!

Some great memories and some heartbreak sprinkled in too. Thanks for taking the time to compile this Tom, its awesome.

You know what surprises me? No Randy Moss covers during his rookie season. 

The older ones of Fran / Foreman on the covers really brings back some memories - my brother had those cut out and on his wall along with huge posters of Marshal/Page/Eller

I thought there was one of Fran with the caption "The Man with the Golden Arm" and it showed Fran posing with his right arm as made of Gold. Maybe that was a different sports mag though.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
The older ones of Fran / Foreman on the covers really brings back some memories - my brother had those cut out and on his wall along with huge posters of Marshal/Page/Eller

I thought there was one of Fran with the caption "The Man with the Golden Arm" and it showed Fran posing with his right arm as made of Gold. Maybe that was a different sports mag though.
I believe that was "SPORT" magazine.