Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....
Quote: @StickyBun said:
VikeFans‏ @VikeFans 1m1 minute ago
More
Mark Rosen source says Vikings to sign Kirk Cousins for $28M per year. Says he trusts the source, but can’t “iron clad confirm it”. @WCCORosen #vikings

Hey those guys are pretty good!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
...how's Viking Nation doing this morning? Mood is...? The fickle nature of the free agency period brings out the bi-polar in all of us for sure.

Well, it looks like its all in for Cousins now. And I'll say this: its Minnesota's best option to maximize this team's Super Bowl window. I think the organization knew that Keenum wasn't going to wait around, so its no surprise him signing with Denver...and Case wasn't the Broncos' first choice, Cousins was. But they knew he wasn't going to sign there.  I think Bridgewater is not 100%, either physically or mentally and they know this also...which is sad as he's a great kid. Doesn't mean he can't get all the way back, but it might take a bit more time. No idea what they are thinking on Bradford and/or if he's being considered as a backup plan. 

I wonder if Arizona could play last-minute spoiler in the Cousins Sweepstakes. It would be just the Viking's luck. The worse kept secret in the NFL recently has been the love affair between Minnesota and Cousins. But I'm not going to worry about that until it happens and we'll see how it plays out. If Minnesota gets Cousins, I'll be happy and I'll appreciate the team's bold move to attempt to make them a force consistently with a stabilized QB situation for a guy starting his prime years with possible upside. He can be a franchise QB on this team, IMO.
If Cousins is the guy the Vikings want, I am all in.  Didn't want Keenum, he had a good year, but started to wither late in the year and likely has already peaked.  Would have love for it to be Teddy, but if the Vikings are moving on, I guess that tells me enough. 

Seeing what RS and ownership did to get Bradford 2 years ago, I fully expect them to get the guy they want at QB.  We made it to the NFCCG with Case Keenum.  Time to improve that position to make the next step.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
As the Floyd would say, "I'm comfortably numb".  After all these weeks of guessing/second guessing/triple guessing/ quadruple guess...(you get the idea)...I'm ready to have it done. 
Captain Kirk...take me away! Wink
I like the Floyd reference.

I actually stayed away for a little while after the Super Bowl to avoid all the guessing/discussion. People get all bent out of shape plugging their guy/s or ripping apart someone else’s.

Once I got here, it was as I had figured it would be. 

However it plays out, in the end I’m a Vikings fan and will cheer like hell for whoever puts on the Purple jersey.

But, I am all in on the Cousins signing!

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@StickyBun said:
VikeFans‏ @VikeFans 1m1 minute ago
More
Mark Rosen source says Vikings to sign Kirk Cousins for $28M per year. Says he trusts the source, but can’t “iron clad confirm it”. @WCCORosen #vikings

Hey those guys are pretty good!

any word from geoff?  be interesed in his thoughts