Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins has 'great visit' with Vikings; official announcement next
As he left dinner at the Capital Grille with free-agent quarterback Kirk Cousins, General Manager Rick Spielman exuded confidence the team would finalize a contract with Cousins on Thursday, saying, “I think it’s pretty hard not to get [it] done right now,” and adding the Vikings will hopefully have a news conference Thursday afternoon once Cousins’ agent, Mike McCartney, had flown to the Twin Cities to finish negotiations on a deal.
Vikings officials greeted Cousins, his wife Julie and the couple’s son, Cooper, at St. Paul’s Holman Field on Wednesday evening, before Cousins dined with Spielman, co-owner Mark Wilf, coach Mike Zimmer, offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, quarterbacks coach Kevin Stefanski, wide receiver Adam Thielen, tight end Kyle Rudolph and both players’ wives. The conversation, Spielman said, drifted only occasionally toward football.
“Had a great visit; looking forward to [Thursday],” Cousins said after signing several autographs for fans congregated outside the restaurant. “We’re going to be able to see more of the city and the facility. It’s a great organization, and my wife and I are thrilled to be here.”

[Image: 08_1005449224_02VIKE031518_48694130.JPG?...crop=faces]

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-court...476913413/

Cousins is a super solid dude with an otherworldly work ethic.....he'll be a fan favorite in no time. Shows emotion on the field. 6'3", a solid 218-220 lbs, decent arm (will love playing indoors 9 times). My hopes are high that the team can bump his play up a level. 

I'm sure he'll be blown away by the new facilities and stadium. I'm sure they've done some personal touches for Cousins that will please his family today. 

He is ideal for his teammates, the city, the franchise. Both he and the Vikings are in the same boat, glimpses of greatness, now it’s time to prove it. 

It is going to be a fun ride, I think he is going to have a monster year. 33 TDs, 4800 yards and at worst a first round bye coming off of a 12 win season

Looking for that announcement sometime around 3 pm.