Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I Gotta Ask...
Yeah, looking at the contracts and recent performance, I'd say the Broncos got the best bang for their buck...followed by the Vikes...Cardinals might as well have taken that $20 million and set it on fire...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah, looking at the contracts and recent performance, I'd say the Broncos got the best bang for their buck...followed by the Vikes...Cardinals might as well have taken that $20 million and set it on fire...
bradfords agent should be in the hall. his client just keeps gettting big paychecks.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I was wondering where you stood among the Big 3 now gone QB's...Pretty quiet from the Barr Corner when the QB talk heated-up the last few weeks...

The Vikings are pretty good at evaluating talent
& had seen all the 3 Amigos had to offer

Kudos to this Org for being aggressive & staying ultra competetive
Longtime fans can appreciate that, speaking of which...did they name the new practice facility after Red ?
 Wink 

Cousins is getting a ton of money from the Vikes and I hope it does not prevent us from signing guys we need to re-sign. In that sense, I wish he had been more like Brees and Brady: sacrifice a few million in order to field a better team. I trust RS and Zim and Brez thought about all such issues.

As for whether Cousins is $10M/year better than Case, there are a few ways to look at it. (1) He is not $10M better than last year's Case.  But there is a lot of doubt that Case can repeat what he did last year. I think Case is a pretty good QB, but I tend to agree with Zim's sentiment that he had a horseshoe for much of the year.  (2) Even if Cousins were only 1 game better than Case last year, would that 1 game have been worth $10M if we got to play the NFCCG in our home field? My answer is, absolutely. (3) Where the Vikings are now, even a small / moderate improvement at the most important position is worth a lot of money. 

I am just glad that barring injury for at least 3 years we should not have to wonder who the QB will be. An eternity in Viking land.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I was wondering where you stood among the Big 3 now gone QB's...Pretty quiet from the Barr Corner when the QB talk heated-up the last few weeks...
Ha, I think we knew Barr wasn't loving the idea of Cousins at a big contract! Blush

But I get that too. The hope is Cousins plays at a high level on this team. It takes bold moves to go from a pretty good team to a great one. Its a strong conference, the NFC. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Early on, during the season even, my best case scenario was Keenum on a 3 year deal and Teddy with what he would have earned with his 5th year...I also had delusions that Mayfield would slide...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Ha, I think we knew Barr wasn't loving the idea of Cousins at a big contract! Blush

But I get that too. The hope is Cousins plays at a high level on this team. It takes bold moves to go from a pretty good team to a great one. Its a strong conference, the NFC. 
Yeah, I thought my concerns were fairly well documented and backed up...but, what's done is done...back on PT I made the same case against Teddy pre draft if you'll recall...we'll see...I do like that Cousins is 4-2 vs the North...and his weaknesses are offset by Flipper's strengths...bold move in pursuit of the ring...just like when we went after Walker...

Wink