Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer + Cousins = Burns + Walker?
Quote: @HappyViking said:
So we were just having "Cousins at QB" away from winning the SB last year?  I doubt it.  This team needs help in other areas like the OLine, DLine, DBs, RBs, and TE.  Getting Cousins might be better than Case, but it's not the only thing the Vikings need to become Champs.

I'd be perfectly fine with Case and get more stud players in other areas of need.

Is Cousins better than Foles?  If so, then it's proof you can win with a good group of players surrounding just about any QB playing at a high level.

If we sign Cousins, great.  If not, then that might actually help the overall needs of the team.

If you're responding to my post: I did not say Cousins was definitely all we needed to win the SB last year; I said that if we sign him and win it in the next year or two, that will be BELIEVED to be true by a lot of people. Yes, it's definitely a team sport and there are going to be other differences, hopefully positive additions (like getting Dalvin Cook back). But even if Zimmer adds incremental improvements in many other areas, Cousins will be the most VISIBLE change and will get the bulk of the credit - fair or not.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@HappyViking said:
So we were just having "Cousins at QB" away from winning the SB last year?  I doubt it.  This team needs help in other areas like the OLine, DLine, DBs, RBs, and TE.  Getting Cousins might be better than Case, but it's not the only thing the Vikings need to become Champs.

I'd be perfectly fine with Case and get more stud players in other areas of need.

Is Cousins better than Foles?  If so, then it's proof you can win with a good group of players surrounding just about any QB playing at a high level.

If we sign Cousins, great.  If not, then that might actually help the overall needs of the team.

If you're responding to my post: I did not say Cousins was definitely all we needed to win the SB last year; I said that if we sign him and win it in the next year or two, that will be BELIEVED to be true by a lot of people. Yes, it's definitely a team sport and there are going to be other differences, hopefully positive additions (like getting Dalvin Cook back). But even if Zimmer adds incremental improvements in many other areas, Cousins will be the most VISIBLE change and will get the bulk of the credit - fair or not.
Nope, just a general post to those that think getting Cousins will be "the answer".  I think Cousins would've gotten killed, and maybe even thrown more picks in that Philly game too.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Jor-El said:
@HappyViking said:

Nope, just a general post to those that think getting Cousins will be "the answer".  I think Cousins would've gotten killed, and maybe even thrown more picks in that Philly game too.
I think of the Giants game and watching Eli consitently throwing the ball in the dirt 5 yards downfield to prevent getting sacked.

I don’t see the two situations as being equal. Burns didn’t want Walker because he was a down hill runner. He needed to be lined up 7 yds deep and given a lot of carries to get his yards. The offense the Vikings ran was a WCO and the backs need to be multi-purpose.

Cousins fits this offense, he’s a very good QB, and can push the ball down field when it’s needed. 

So, if Zim doesn’t want Cousins it isn’t for the same reasons that Burns didn’t want Walker.