Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Kirk Cousins has ruled out no teams yet
Good - hopefully he will not land here. IMO I don't see him as a franchise guy. Does not have the "It" factor, does not put his team on his shoulders and wins games. Reading some reporters takes you would think that he's on par with a Rogers or Brady, which he is not - not even close. Buyer beware when it comes to this guys QB future. Why are the talking heads making him sound like a Savior QB - that if you get him your going to the SB?  I have not seen a guy get so over hyped in a long time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...teams-yet/

And theres this from Monday (sorry if already posted) -
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-cousins/

And I realize I may be irrational in my thinking about Cousins. But my gut tells me he is just not the guy.  

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
And I realize I may be irrational in my thinking about Cousins. But my gut tells me he is just not the guy.  
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but am wondering how often your gut is right? That's somewhat of an honest question. B)

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but am wondering how often your gut is right? That's somewhat of an honest question. B)
Ha! Your not being a jerk - Probably about 80-90% of the time when it comes to important personal decisions. Probably about 60% - 70% when it comes to my sports feelings however. Unfortunately only about 20% when it comes to my choice for lunch.

I think we all tend to lean toward the rumors we want to think are truthful. They are all just rumors and heresay right now. Some planted by agents or teams for whatever their endgames might be.....or the media that might be just plain making shit up for clicks. 

Hurry up and wait is all we can do as fans. Although I love Fred Garvin, male prostitute.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think we all tend to lean toward the rumors we want to think are truthful. They are all just rumors and heresay right now. Some planted by agents or teams for whatever their endgames might be.....or the media that might be just plain making shit up for clicks. 

Hurry up and wait is all we can do as fans. Although I love Fred Garvin, male prostitute.
Your right - its a rumor I want to believe. And there are so many out there it makes your head spin. Im sure tomorrow there will be about four more "Hot Takes" and "insider" info in regards to this situation. And it is the classic Hurry up and wait scenario. 

And You noticed? LOL! Loved that sketch. I think your the only one who has ever noticed who that was! 

I remember Fred Garvin.  Was always more partial to Mr. Peepers though.

[Image: 140228_2749915_Mr__Peeper_s_Father_anvver_2.jpg]

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
Good - hopefully he will not land here. IMO I don't see him as a franchise guy. Does not have the "It" factor, does not put his team on his shoulders and wins games. Reading some reporters takes you would think that he's on par with a Rogers or Brady, which he is not - not even close. Buyer beware when it comes to this guys QB future. Why are the talking heads making him sound like a Savior QB - that if you get him your going to the SB?  I have not seen a guy get so over hyped in a long time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...teams-yet/

And theres this from Monday (sorry if already posted) -
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-cousins/
I thought Florio's comments in the second piece were interesting that Cousins will have a hard time beating Jimmy G's contract at $27.5 million. I just hope that if Cousins' price tag is more than Spielman's budget, that we haven't burned bridges with the other 3. 

cousins isnt the second coming but he’s the most tallented of all avalible isnt he?  you can make a case that bradfords knee doesnt blow up. you can make a case that teddy comes back strong and doesnt miss a beat. you can even make a case that keenum turned the corner and is becoming a franchise QB. 

The truth is we have no idea how itll all shake out but in my mind we have 2 very good shots at winning a SB these next two years. Why crap one down the hole with shity QB play?