Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets 'Plan B' may be Bridgewater and McCown
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
I know all of this is the rumor mill on full blast, but there does seem to be a real buzz that there are several teams interested in Teddy. If that's true, I don't understand why we'd let him walk. I find it hard to believe that any team looking at Teddy seriously wouldn't already know the story on the knee. It's no different than when teams investigate college players with injuries before the draft. So, why would we dump Teddy if other teams feel he's going to be good to go? I guess it's pretty disappointing to me. 
They can't keep Teddy AND sign Cousins. If Cousins is the choice I think the Vikings just went with a talent vs. health calculation.   

I don't think they believe Cousins is suddenly Tom Brady. I suspect they evaluated him and decided that he had better arm talent than Keenum, and that he was at least as good as the other two options...but without the knee issues. 

The PROBLEM, if you can call it that, is that they're going to have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for that moderate upgrade. But, hey, the cap just went up $10M and these QB contracts look like peanuts after a few years. 

I'm pretty confident that Cousins, if he ends up signing here, is going to look pretty good in this offense. 

Well, I didn't say keep Teddy and sign Cousins. I do understand that's impossible.
If other teams are actually contemplating Teddy as the starter rather than a backup, then I'm just wondering aloud if we are or aren't doing the same (no way to know for sure, of course) and if we're not, then I'm puzzled as I feel a HEALTHY Teddy is the best option of the 4 scenarios. Also, it would sure be nice to have a QB we drafted actually pan out. The last time that happened was Culpepper, but his agent made him quit the Vikings...
Yeah, he had a bad agent. :-)

I think it's still possible that the Vikings look at all their options, and the money required for each, and make another decision. Sounds like Cousins is the most likely, but I doubt it's over yet. 

I agree about Bridgewater. I've said all along that this decision was probably between Cousins and Bridgewater. And I've said all along that Bridgewater is the one--two, three years from now--we're most likely going to regret letting go. But who knows what the team and its doctors think about that knee.  

Spielman did say that the Vikings knew more about the knee than anyone else. That makes you wonder a little bit. 
 I sure wish I knew in what context this comment was made. Was he being directly asked about whether Teddy's knee could hold up, in the team's opinion? If that was his answer to that sort of question it does indeed make you wonder Sad