Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flip To Interview TODAY
OK, link won't paste but its in the feed...

The Vikings will interview Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo for their offensive coordinator vacancy on Thursday.
The Vikings have been strongly connected to DeFilippo but had to wait until after the Super Bowl to interview him. His interest level could take a hit if the Colts hire Frank Reich as head coach, which would leave DeFilippo as the Eagles' top in-house option at coordinator. The Vikings have also been linked to ex-Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, Texans QB coach Sean Ryan, and Saints TE coach Dan Campbell for their offensive coordinator job.
Related: Vikings

He got Philly to waive the 10 day requirement, which I'm guessing means he's interested? Honestly, I have no idea if he'll be good or not, same with Stefanski. I do like that both of them are younger however. Not hung up on old stereotypical offensive thought processes. 

Its strange because the Eagles Parade is today

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
Its strange because the Eagles Parade is today
Maybe he's trying to get out of town before it burns to the ground?

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago
More
Busy day for Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo. He'll be at the parade down Broad this AM, interview for Vikings OC job tonight. Vikes are accommodating -- They'll meet in Philly, rather than MN, so he can participate in the festivities.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
More
Busy day for Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo. He'll be at the parade down Broad this AM, interview for Vikings OC job tonight. Vikes are accommodating -- They'll meet in Philly, rather than MN, so he can participate in the festivities.

...and wearing Purple & Gold tomorrow? Wink

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
More

...and wearing Purple & Gold tomorrow? Wink
Possibly. Listen, Stefanski would probably be a very good Plan B if DeFilippo doesn't get or take the job. Shurmur obviously thinks highly of him enough that he's going to make him the Giant's O-coordinator. But I applaud the Vikings for doing complete due diligence.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
OK, link won't paste but its in the feed...
Flip is already taken in MN...In a sad but endearing way. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
He got Philly to waive the 10 day requirement, which I'm guessing means he's interested? Honestly, I have no idea if he'll be good or not, same with Stefanski. I do like that both of them are younger however. Not hung up on old stereotypical offensive thought processes. 
I like the fact the both Steph and Flipp are from systems that use the players they have and develope around that idea.  Norvs system was painful to watch at times just like Chilli’s “impose your will” system.  Just makes no sense in the modern NFL.  Honestly Norv lost me when he let Diggs set on the bench for four games in his rookie year.