Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TV
So I waited to buy another tv. I know there have been discussions about smart tvs and various alternatives to cable amongst the group. Well I got a new tv with Google Chromecast built in. Holy shit, this thing is insane and it was a good deal. 

Not familiar,  what's it about?  Like Netflix or Amazon Prime?   I don't keep up on most of the new age shit.

i just  cut  ties  with  cable  and  satelitte  tv. goodbye riduclus tv bills  i  gotroku sticks   i  only watch a  few  shows  anyways and  as  my kids r getting  older  they watch  very little reg tv  and  i have really liked some of the lesser known  movies that imstreaming for  freenow. plus ialready  pay for  amazon prime  for  shipping so i get amazonn tv and  movies  now any ways

if you can get OTA its a no brainer

Quote: @AGRforever said:
That's where all this new stuff leaves me.  I don't get shit for networks over the air so for live TV stuff im kinda screwed into sattelite.  I am interested in more of these other things,  but I don't think I could ever not have live network tv so cutting the cord is out...not to mention iffy Internet speeds at times.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
That's where all this new stuff leaves me.  I don't get shit for networks over the air so for live TV stuff im kinda screwed into sattelite.  I am interested in more of these other things,  but I don't think I could ever not have live network tv so cutting the cord is out...not to mention iffy Internet speeds at times.
yup... this 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
yup... this 
In a metro area you don't get good Internet and over the air networks ?  That surprises me.

@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
yup... this 
In a metro area you don't get good Internet and over the air networks ?  That surprises me.
Have a cable modem and internet seems to work fine most of the time in central Denver, but for whatever reason (probably prime time over-crowding of the feed), streaming is hit and miss. A lot of buffering and pixelated images. 

@AGRforever said:
we’re in the same boat.  theres a website that lets you gps and get chances of getting chanles. We would need a 2000’+ tower to get chanels 80% of the time. 

we’re using dish network on their “welcome” package which they dont advertise. its been $20 plus taxes at $2 for years. however we just got a notice theyre raising it to $23. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
we’re in the same boat.  theres a website that lets you gps and get chances of getting chanles. We would need a 2000’+ tower to get chanels 80% of the time. 

we’re using dish network on their “welcome” package which they dont advertise. its been $20 plus taxes at $2 for years. however we just got a notice theyre raising it to $23. 

For the love of God...a whole 3 dollars?  The insanity!