Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case's 1st Spring practice. Funny
Our Administrator on Coogfans remembered this, which I had completely forgot, and posted it on the board. I think you'll appreciate how even 10 yrs ago adults forget these are KIDS that picked our University to Play for and they should be a little more thoughtful on what they say. I've heard several people talk about how Keenum threw a bunch of "quacks" during the game. I guess he hasn't learn how to stop doing that. Lol 

Something that makes him even more amazing and a true football player… people tend to forget he was an option QB in high school, and rarely threw. Had one scholly offer. His nickname was “Sweet Feet”. when he arrived at UH he didn’t really throw that well. Some posters on Coogfans unfortunately were unkind and made fun of his throwing in the first spring practice by posting “quack quack quack” on here.All he did was transform into the amazement we saw at UH and now in the NFL. His option days and “sweet feet” are what lend to his pronounced escapability from getting sacked. He is rarely sacked in Minnesota partly due to this ability.
Now he throws a very pretty ball and a super high football IQ.
To go from option to Air Raid and NFL passer is pretty amazing.

i love Case.  And want him.

But come on.  He doesn't throw a pretty ball.  On almost every pass I say "oh my god he threw a lob".  then I say "oh my god nice accuracy".

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
i love Case.  And want him.

But come on.  He doesn't throw a pretty ball.  On almost every pass I say "oh my god he threw a lob".  then I say "oh my god nice accuracy".
Be fair. He throws some pretty ones, but Sam is better.

We don't have to toss the guy down the stairs because a better QB sitting down.

The confounding thing about Case is he's thrown some nice passes with zip and accuracy in tight windows and in the same game he'll still throw up a duck.

Case fits this team. He's a fighter. He's not the most talented passer in the league, not by any stretch. But he has courage to stare down a pass rusher and hang in there knowing he is going to get blasted, and still make the throw. He does not back down from tough situations and he does not panic when things are not going well. When he screws up, he comes back and tries again. He gives everything he's got.

When he makes a play, he credits his teammates. When he makes a mistake, he takes responsibility for it. He's a leader and the team believes in him. Isn't that what we want from our QB?

I wish more posters here had watched Tark The Georgia Peach play the game.  A gamer, scrambling, gun slinger who didnt always throw the prettiest ball but was fearless and never quit.  We could be down 28-7 going into the 4th and you knew we still had a chance.  He won a few of those. 

Its not all about standing in the pocket surveying the field.

Quote: @Poiple said:
I wish more posters here had watched Tark The Georgia Peach play the game.  A gamer, scrambling, gun slinger who didnt always throw the prettiest ball but was fearless and never quit.  We could be down 28-7 going into the 4th and you knew we still had a chance.  He won a few of those. 

Its not all about standing in the pocket surveying the field.

That's how us Coogs felt with Case but he did win the majority of time. I'm pretty sure I posted the YouTube of him bringing us back down 27 starting with about 5 min left in the 3rd. These types you can't just look at the measurables. I remember as a kid and loved it when I would see George Blanda come in late for the "Snake", Ken Stabler and win the game as a QB or kicking the winning FG with Madden as the coach of the Raiders. Man

I'm dating myself. Lol