Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints fines and no fines...
Two Saints were fined for last Sunday's game. Terron Armstead was fined for his horse collar tackle on Barr and Trey Hendricksen was fined for his late hit on Keenum. . . . No fine for Michael Thomas for his hit on Sendejo.

I didn't even think the horse collar was actually a horse collar, it looked like he just pulled back on the jersey.
The Thomas it on Sendejo was at least a pick penalty and really should have been a fine based on precedent.

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
I didn't even think the horse collar was actually a horse collar, it looked like he just pulled back on the jersey.
The Thomas it on Sendejo was at least a pick penalty and really should have been a fine based on precedent.

I thought the Thomas hit should have been a penalty for (1) a pick play and (2) going to the head/neck.  Sendejo was suspended for his hit on Wallace. Kiko Alonzo was not fined or suspended for his much worse hit on Flacco. There is no consistency on the fines and suspensions.
But the hit looked brutal in real time and should have been flagged. It was also an obvious illegal pick.

Barr went down looking for a flag on that "horsecollar".  He should have ran through that with ease.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Barr went down looking for a flag on that "horsecollar".  He should have ran through that with ease.
That’s why I thnk it was a horse collar, no way someone goes down that easy by tugging in the jersey.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
That's how you end up injured,  running through a horse collar you can end up with a guy falling awkwardly on the backs of your knees.  Not to mention if they got a hook in its alot more control than It appears.