Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough watching BRob's post game interview
Looked like he wanted to tell the press to leave him the hell alone, but kudos to him for standing and answering.

Nah greed, nothing like that. I honestly think he was in disbelief as were most of the team. It's the interviews after a loss that he wants to do that.
I agree his demeanor was uncharacteristic but i think they all had a wake up call which should help this team in the future.

Thanks Pops, and please wish Brob and the team best of luck next week. We are all pulling for a win.

Quote: @96POPS said:
Nah greed, nothing like that. I honestly think he was in disbelief as were most of the team. It's the interviews after a loss that he wants to do that.
I agree his demeanor was uncharacteristic but i think they all had a wake up call which should help this team in the future.
Didn't mean it in a bad way Pops.  It was just emotional.  It was personal.

I saw his face after the Walsh shank.  That was the face of a Viking fan.  He bled for the team that day.  And his emotions in the locker room yesterday were genuine.

I think he just needed a few moments to collect himself, but as Tom said, he was mobbed by a crowd that wanted to hear from him.  Because he is the last man standing from 09. 

Kudos to him for holding it together.

You mention the wakeup call, and I think that is accurate.  As he has stated to the younger guys, don't waste this, it is so difficult to get to where they are.  I think he knows how on the razors edge they were to wasting it.

Lets hope it solidifies this team, galvanizes them for the rest of the journey.

Quote: @greediron said:
@96POPS said:
Didn't mean it in a bad way Pops.  It was just emotional.  It was personal.

I saw his face after the Walsh shank.  That was the face of a Viking fan.  He bled for the team that day.  And his emotions in the locker room yesterday were genuine.

I think he just needed a few moments to collect himself, but as Tom said, he was mobbed by a crowd that wanted to hear from him.  Because he is the last man standing from 09. 

Kudos to him for holding it together.
No way bud did i think it was stated in a bad way.  I just
Think everyone was like a deer in the headlights. To me, during his interview, he didn't seem his usual self. He seemed so quiet and i think it just hadn't sunk in yet. I do agree with you some because he probably wanted to share that moment with his family before the flood of reporters.
I also didn't realize until today how important the 3rd and 1 stop was, that he and Barr made. If they get that first down then the game is over.
Kinda reminded me of another game 12 years and 1 week ago.

Quote: @96POPS said:
Folks - I was there.  He was with his son, and tired and having a moment.  When he agreed to speak, literally 25-35 reporters lit up their hot lights, pointed cameras and shoved microphones in his face.  He was willing and cordial, but that is a weird setting when you are tired and half naked.  Brian is a press favorite, like Greenway was.  Always get a good answer and quote.  

Is this interview on video anywhere?  Link?

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/video...9feaa6094d
Quote: @Hidalgo said:
Is this interview on video anywhere?  Link?
And yes, Tom, he is always a good interview.  That is what seemed different, could tell his emotions were right there. 

And Pops, that was a huge stop.  Gave the offense a chance, and that was all they needed.  As Zim sez, they are fighters.  I like the character of this team.