Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exactly what they needed
I won’t sit here and say a blowout wouldn’t have been fun, but this win was exactly what the team needed. They were hyped, they felt the hype. They started to believe the hype. 

However, after this win, they are both energized and humbled. It isn’t often, if ever, that you see humility after a team has an emotional win. But, that is what we saw last night. This team is now ready to focus on their true goal. No more hype, no looking too far ahead, just doing what they do best and putting their foot on the throttle.

I agree. How they played in the Second Half, Players to Coaches, should be a wake up call. Lots of mistakes contributed to the Saints comeback, including Brees being Brees, but we will need to clean that stuff up against
Philly who will also be riding momentum after beating the Falcons when nobody believed in them either. 

completely agreed. If we put up 10 points in the second half over 2 of the first 3 drives, with the Saints trying to come back but the game in a safe difference the whole game. its a different win. 

Their is now a true belief that this is a team of destiny

Quote: @Skodin said:
completely agreed. If we put up 10 points in the second half over 2 of the first 3 drives, with the Saints trying to come back but the game in a safe difference the whole game. its a different win. 

Their is now a true belief that this is a team of destiny
I know everyone is looking for someone to blame for the potential loss, but let's also not lose sight of the fact that the Vikings were extremely banged up on defense in the second half. Also, Brees is a Hall of Famer.

Finally, Michael Thomas is a dirty player. The BS excuse about him looking for the ball is completely blown out of the water when the ball is coming right at him and he doesn't notice it until after it flies past him. He is dirty, and I hope he is out of the league. That was one of the worst hits I have ever seen.

Quote: @Max said:
I won’t sit here and say a blowout wouldn’t have been fun, but this win was exactly what the team needed. They were hyped, they felt the hype. They started to believe the hype. 

However, after this win, they are both energized and humbled. It isn’t often, if ever, that you see humility after a team has an emotional win. But, that is what we saw last night. This team is now ready to focus on their true goal. No more hype, no looking too far ahead, just doing what they do best and putting their foot on the throttle.
My thoughts exactly.  They started believing the hype in the second half I think.  This was a good reminder to focus, each man do his job and win this damn thing.