Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL investigating Raiders to see if they violated Rooney rule
I know the reasoning behind the Rooney Rule, but I'm far from an expert on the details of it.  So here's my million dollar question?  Does a person have to physically look like a minority?  Do they have to be a certain percentage minority?  I know a few people who look 100% white, but have a good percentage (20% or more) of Native American blood, running through their veins.  In the US today, we live in a world where being pure blood Norwegian, German, French, Swedish, Irish, etc. is almost a thing of the past.  I'm 2 nationalities, my kids are 5.  My granddaughter has like 10 nationalities in her make up.  So where is the cut off?  What nationalities qualify and at what percentages?  Because if it's just a "he looks white" policy, it's a BS standard that needs serious revision.  

Actually, they have as much said that they did, and they are willing to pay the fine or penalty, because "it's the Raider way".  They don't care, they knew what they wanted, they paid through the nose for Gruden.  What's a million dollar/forfeit a draft pick in the next draft penalty, compared to paying Gruden $100 million over 10 years.  Big deal.  A million dollar penalty?  Gruden's contract value went up by 1%.  That's effectively what they said.  They went after who they wanted, and refused to consider anyone else, and are prepared to pay the price.

The penalty should be higher.  

Nothing stops a team from going through the motions.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Mark Davis is in real trouble. 

EDIT: For those out of the loop, that's comedian Nick Swardson; a Minnesota native and a RABID Vikings fan on Twitter. 

[Image: lc4yvdf436f3.jpg]

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
Let's not convict them just yet.  We don't know if they did or not. 
it was the worst kept secret in the history of worst kept secrets... look up worst kept secret in the dictionary and there will be a picture of Gruden at his press conference the other day.