Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With dad Steve Jordan in stands, Saints’ Cameron Jordan seeks to ‘destroy’ Vikings
In the 1987 playoffs, Vikings star tight end Steve Jordan caught a touchdown pass at New Orleans.
Jordan on Sunday will attend another Minnesota postseason game against the Saints, but he won’t be rooting for the Vikings.
Jordan’s son, Cameron Jordan, is an All-Pro defensive end for New Orleans. At least his father figures it would be best not to wear any Saints gear at U.S. Bank Stadium.
“No, just regular clothes,” he said. “I don’t need to polarize anybody. People say, ‘Who do you want to win?’ Clearly, blood is thicker than water, so I’m pulling for my son. But I might have the best-case scenario because I get to see my two favorite teams play.”
https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/13/wi...y-vikings/

“He’s a beast, he’s an animal, he’s a guy that can take over the game,” Vikings defensive tackle Tom Johnson said of Cameron, his Saints teammate from 2011-13. “(He’s) the backbone of the team.”
Cameron, 28, last month was named to his third Pro Bowl. You better believe he’s trying to trying to catch his father.
“When he made his third, he was calculating that he’s got to get to at least three more,” said Steve Jordan.
Steve Jordan will attend Sunday’s game with his other son, Geoffrey, 30. His wife, Anita, and daughter Steffanie, 25, who is married to Saints reserve linebacker Kasim Edebali, can’t make it. His father called Geoffrey the “biggest Vikings fan in the house,” but he won’t be one Sunday.
“I just pray the Vikings get to the Super Bowl next year,” Geoffrey said.
Geoffrey said his brother when growing up was a big fan of Minnesota hall of fame defensive end Chris Doleman. During an interview this week, Cameron touched upon Doleman while looking back at some top players who were teammates of his father. He also mentioned a certain running back who didn’t pan out after being acquired in a blockbuster 1989 trade.
“You get to go into the locker room and these are my dad’s co-workers and they turn out to be legends,” Cameron said. “You talk about the Chris Dolemans,  Joey Browners, and Darrin Nelsons of the game. I won’t mention Herschel Walker because he ruined our franchise.
“But afterwards, you grow up and you get drafted by the Saints and this is my team and this is my family and this is what I’m fighting for.”

Cameron began playing defensive end in high school in Chandler, Ariz., a Phoenix suburb. His father said Cameron never wanted to play tight end.
“He could pretty much catch anything, but when I asked him about playing tight end, he said, ‘No, I don’t want to do that,’ ” said Steve Jordan. “No. 1, he liked to hit, it’s as simple as that. He said, ‘Why would I want to do that when people hit me and I can be the one delivering the blow?’ And, secondary, he also didn’t want to follow in my footsteps.”
Steve Jordan is Minnesota’s career leader for tight ends with 498 catches for 6,307 yards. He said it adds “a little fun” to Sunday’s matchup that he once caught a touchdown pass in a Vikings playoff win over New Orleans.Cameron, though, isn’t planning to be discussing a Saints loss when he gets together with his dad after the game.
“We’ll chuckle and laugh after we get this win about his team,” he said.

Boooooooo.....    

loved steve Jordan.  F**k you Cam!

I suppose it's good that Steve Jordan won't be wearing his Saints' gear to the game. He's the featured player who will be signing autographs in the pricey Delta 360 club tomorrow. It would be rather awkward for fans who've paid at least $500 per ticket to see a former player in a Saints jersey sitting there for autographs.

"“You get to go into the locker room and these are my dad’s co-workers and they turn out to be legends,” Cameron said. “You talk about the Chris Dolemans,  Joey Browners, and Darrin Nelsons of the game. I won’t mention Herschel Walker because he ruined our franchise."

Interesting: "our" franchise. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
"“You get to go into the locker room and these are my dad’s co-workers and they turn out to be legends,” Cameron said. “You talk about the Chris Dolemans,  Joey Browners, and Darrin Nelsons of the game. I won’t mention Herschel Walker because he ruined our franchise."

Very interesting. It makes his “destroy” comment sound like a “methinks he doth protest too much...” statement. He is probably still a Vikings fan at heart. 

Quote: @"Max" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Very interesting. It makes his “destroy” comment sound like a “methinks he doth protest too much...” statement. He is probably still a Vikings fan at heart. 
how could he not be?  your childhood sets who you will be for life,  sure he may find new reasons to like this or that,   but that purple runs deep in his veins and it would take something more than a paycheck and a home zip code to change that.