Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALL PROS! SMITH AND RHODES MAKE THE AP TEAM!
I kNEW they would get the REAL award! FUCK the Pro Bowl - Gimme some All Pros! - Two others make the 2nd team All Pro Team! Damn we are STACKED!

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Sm...a1f5d11d03

Smith doesn't deserve it. He's not even on the Pro Bowl.

XR and Harry are very deserved...

Jeebus, I counted 6 (six!) Rams on the All Pro. Wow. 

I believe he was being facietious
Somebody fix my speller lol

Wonder why Linval ain't getting any love.  Defintely think he should on this list too.

Couple trivial things...interesting maybe only to a draft nut like me.

* The first CB taken in the 1st round of the 2013 draft was Dee Miliner, who is now out of the NFL. The last CB taken in the 1st round was Xavier Rhodes
* Panthers guard Andrew Norwell was undrafted. Was an RFA last year with a 2nd round tender
* Rodger Saffold was taken 1 pick ahead of us after we traded out of the first round to take...Chris Cook. Made matter worse by taking Toby Gerhart later in the 2nd. What was looking like the worst draft ever was rescued by Everson Griffen in the 4th. 
* FSUV, what do you think of Telvin Smith now? :-)
* Alex Mack, one of the few really good draft picks by the Browns, All Pro for another team. Between 2009 and 2015 (too early to say on the last two), the Browns first round hit rate probably hovers around 10%. If you include hits they couldn't keep, it's NADA. There really should be pitchforks in the street in Cleveland. 
* Father and son, Steve and Cameron Jordan, both All Pros. 
* Panthers right tackle, Daryl Williams. If you remember, when Michael Oher was hurt, Mike Remmers was forced to play LT. The guy who replaced him on the right was Daryl Williams, now an All Pro. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Wonder why Linval ain't getting any love.  Defintely think he should on this list too.
he should,  but there are some damn fine DTs in the league.  Thinking about Donald at the top,  Poe and Atkins are pretty stout for their teams as well. 

Totally missed on Telvin Smith. Thought guys like him and Ogletree with the Rams were just too skinny for the NFL.

On the Rhodes front, I had him and Gilmore as by far the best CBs in that Draft Class. Didn't they both go in the 20s? Liked Heyward a ton when he came out too and still happy those idiot cheeseheads let him walk.

Thielen and Griffen both made 2nd team All-Pro.  THIELEN!

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Totally missed on Telvin Smith. Thought guys like him and Ogletree with the Rams were just too skinny for the NFL.

On the Rhodes front, I had him and Gilmore as by far the best CBs in that Draft Class. Didn't they both go in the 20s? Liked Heyward a ton when he came out too and still happy those idiot cheeseheads let him walk.
Gilmore went the year before. And he was about as close to a slam dunk at corner as I can remember. He climbed up the draft charts quite a bit in the last month. Those corners who can actually play the run are valued much higher by NFL teams than the draft media. Rhodes was toggling with Desmond Trufant, who went a couple spots before I believe. I think most of us wanted Rhodes more because of the aforementioned size and run stopping ability. Rhodes actually fell a bit if I remember right. I'm not sure why.