Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints
Of the NFC playoff teams and potential playoff teams going into week 17, only 2 won their last game: Vikings and Atlanta. The rest all lost and go limping into the post-season: Saints, Rams, Panthers, Eagles, and Seattle.  Of them, only the Eagles had nothing to play for. But would it have mattered either way without Wentz?

The Rams wanted to lose to get the 4 spot in order to play Philly rather than Minnesota in the divisional round. But I am not sure they could beat SF even if they played their starters. By sitting them they avoided that added humiliation. And they still have to play Minnesota if they get past Carolina. 

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
Of the NFC playoff teams and potential playoff teams going into week 17, only 2 won their last game: Vikings and Atlanta. The rest all lost and go limping into the post-season: Saints, Rams, Panthers, Eagles, and Seattle.  Of them, only the Eagles had nothing to play for. But would it have mattered either way without Wentz?

The Rams wanted to lose to get the 4 spot in order to play Philly rather than Minnesota in the divisional round. But I am not sure they could beat SF even if they played their starters. By sitting them they avoided that added humiliation. And they still have to play Minnesota if they get past Carolina. 
What the Rams did was smart IMO. Everyone wants Philly. It's just an entirely different team without Wentz, and one that really doesn't belong in the playoffs. It's a shame we likely won't get to see them. I'd honestly rather play Philly in Philly in sub zero temps than any of the legit teams at USB. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"dadevike" said:

What the Rams did was smart IMO. Everyone wants Philly. It's just an entirely different team without Wentz, and one that really doesn't belong in the playoffs. It's a shame we likely won't get to see them. I'd honestly rather play Philly in Philly in sub zero temps than any of the legit teams at USB. 
Yes, the Rams made the logical call to rest their starters and try to avoid the Vikings if possible. Everyone wants to play Philly now.  I'm glad the Rams' gambit failed.  And with Carolina losing, the Saints lost nothing by losing to TB.

There's a good chance we end up playing Atlanta in the NFCCG.  It is a textament to the Vikings' depth. Like Philly, we lost our starting QB; like Dallas, we lost our starting RB. Philly's offense looks like crap now and Dallas struggled without Zeke. We are the team nobody wants to play.

Not only want to see the Saints again, but howsabouts a three phase exorcism of demons past

Beat NO
Beat ATL
Beat PIT