Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings lineman Joe Berger hopes to retire in style
Vikings lineman Joe Berger hopes to retire in style. (A Super Bowl would be nice.)
After 13 years, Vikings offensive lineman Joe Berger expects to play in his final regular-season game on Sunday.
Berger said last June that 2017 likely would be his final NFL season. He hasn’t changed his tune entering the game at U.S. Bank Stadium against the Chicago Bears.
“That’s the way I’m thinking about it,” Berger told the Pioneer Press on Friday. “To me, this is it. Things change and stuff comes up. I’m not signing retirement papers as soon as I walk out of here, but’s that’s kind of the way I see it. I’m 35 years old. It’s been fun, but it’s time for the young kids to do it.”
Berger said he wants to go out the way linebacker Chad Greenway did last season when he retired after 11 years.
There is one difference. Greenway departed following a season in which the Vikings didn’t make the postseason. Berger still has a playoff run ahead of him, with the possibility that Minnesota (12-3) could play in Super Bowl LII at U.S. Bank Stadium.
“I want the opportunity to be like Chad last year, to be able to walk away on his own,” said Berger, who has a salary-cap number of $2.1 million in the final year of his contract. “And if you can walk away on your own after a Super Bowl win, that’s hard to beat.”

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/29/vi...d-be-nice/

Heck, if we win the Super Bowl, I might "walk away" as a fan: retire in style... on top.  No more "disappointments" for me...  :p

me too.  with all the BS with the nfl i might just call er a day as well. 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
Heck, if we win the Super Bowl, I might "walk away" as a fan: retire in style... on top.  No more "disappointments" for me...  :p
Ha!!

Touche' and well said...

Purplefaithful evolves to Purplefinally drops the mic, walks off into the sunset. 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
i never thought off   it  but  as  much as the  nfl seems fixed  anymore  i think i would  be  dead  before  the  vikings  were allowed to win a another super bowl if  this  is  the  year  why  put myself threw another 40 plus years of agony   go out a winner  withh joe  hmm interesting thought 

Big kid from Michigan Tech in da UP...good on ya Berger.

Its fortuitous that Berger was last year's starting center for the game today. Huge actually. 

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Big kid from Michigan Tech in da UP...good on ya Berger.
Yes sir, Michigan Tech is a very strong engineering school in Houghton-Hancock. Many Tech grads have gone downstate to be engineers for Ford and GM in Detroit.