Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Watch List And Accepted Invitees
Chukwuma Okorafor - T - Broncos Western Michigan T Chukwuma Okorafor accepted an invitation to attend the Senior Bowl.
Get ready for a potential powerful from Okorafor at the all-star event, leading to a rise up draft boards. Okorafor's teammate, Taylor Moton, was selected in the second round last April, and Okorafor has a chance to earn an even higher selection.
Source: Senior Bowl

Mason Rudolph - QB - Cowboys Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.
Five quarterbacks have accepted an invitation to the all-star game. Six is the standard number, but the event featured eight quarterbacks in 2016 so a few more names could be on the way... namely Baker Mayfield. At times, Rudolph has received plenty of love thanks to his touch and size. However, he and Mayfield have gone in different directions this season. A top two or three round pick might be in his future.
Source: Senior Bowl on Twitter Dec 13 - 11:10 AM
Boston College DE Harold Landry is "fully committed" to participating in the Senior Bowl despite recovering from an ankle injury.
Landry has been sidelined since week 8, but at this time there is no announcement on if he will play in the school's bowl game. Landry will be one of the names listed at the top of the edge rushing group.

I like Quin Blanding S, Will Hernandez G, Dallas Goedert TE, & Daniel Carlson K.

Oregon HC Mario Cristobal announced that senior RB Royce Freeman will sit out Saturday’s Las Vegas Bowl matchup against Boise State.
The tea leaves had been pointing this way over the past few days. "Am I disappointed in him? No. Do I want to see him play? Absolutely. But I stand by him," Cristobal said. The announcement ends Freeman's prolific collegiate career. He leaves as Oregon's leading all-time rusher with 5,621 yards, which ranks second all-time in Pac-12 history (Charles White) and sixth in FBS history. Freeman's 60 rushing touchdowns are a Pac-12 record. The 5-foot-11, 231-pounder is a versatile, bell-cow big back with receiving chops, slick footwork, plus-vision and great balance. He comes from a wide-open system that left fewer opposing defenders in the box. And since he's unlikely to test in the upper-echelon of RB athletes, evaluators could question whether he can be as effective at the next level, where he won't see the thinned-out boxes he did in college. That narrative may lead to Freeman being available at a discount. He's drawn Day 2 (Rds. 2-3) grades.

Baker Mayfield - QB - Sooners Oklahoma senior QB Baker Mayfield accepted an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl.
This will be the first tangible step in Mayfield's journey toward the NFL ranks. While there are still some questions about the 6-foot-1, 209-pounder's size, he's beginning to draw very real first-round buzz. The freshly-minted Heisman winner will have at least one more chance to strut his stuff on the big stage -- against Georgia in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day -- before he begins the draft process in earnest. Don't buy the Johnny Manziel comps. Mayfield does have his improvisational tendencies, but he's a far more disciplined prospect -- both on and off the field -- than Johnny Football was coming out of college.
Source: Senior Bowl on Twitter 
Yes!                           

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
I like Quin Blanding S, Will Hernandez G, Dallas Goedert TE, & Daniel Carlson K.
taking Goedert would be awesome,  we should be picking in the range where he will be selected.  He is currently ranked by some as the top TE in the draft which would be in the late first or early second round in many drafts.  he is a tough kid from and would be a good addition to our offense,  but I dont know if TE is a big enough need right now to take one that early.

Thanks for keeping this running BN! I see some interesting Tackles. And yes, Minnesota needs to come out of this Draft with a guy who can be developed fairly quickly.

Remmers has been banged up. Collins doesn't look ready yet. That leaves Reiff and Hill. Need another guy in the mix.

I also agree about TE. Like both of the Big 10 guys. Kyle goes down and there's zero field-stretching options behind him.

I'd like another Guard too. Berger will retire. Sirles and Easton still look like League Average guys. Someone to compete with them and Isidora would be wise.

Also would like to see a Safety. Maybe even a Linebacker if Barr gets too pricey.

I am thinking we are needing depth and improvements at quite a few areas so BPA is key to this draft, honestly a compelling argument could be made for every position group IMO. 

and K,  we cant keep trusting the position will take care of itself.  Kai did improve in leg strength this year,  but his random acts of inaccuracy scare the shit out of me.

Akrum Wadley - RB - Hawkeyes
Iowa senior RB Akrum Wadley rushed for 88 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries while racking up 171 yards on five punt returns in Wednesday's 27-20 win over Boston College in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.
In a fun, cold bowl showdown in the Bronx, Wadley scored a five-yard touchdown midway through the third quarter to knot the score at 17-17. After the two teams traded field goals in the fourth quarter, Iowa would take the lead -- and hold it -- on a short touchdown plunge by Drake Kulick with just over three minutes remaining in the contest. For his part, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Wadley closes out his senior season having rushed for 1,117 yards and 10 touchdowns. Up next for the back, a trip to the Senior Bowl as he embarks on his draft journey. He is very much in play for a Day 2 (Rds. 2-3) selection, not only due to his rushing prowess, but also due to his upside as a receiver out of the backfield. Wadley has caught 62 passes over the past two seasons.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Cole Madison - T - CougarsWashington State redshirt senior T Cole Madison accepted an invitation to play in the Reese's Senior BowlMadison was graded the top offensive tackle in the country in 2016, and did a solid job of keeping the Cougar quarterbacks upright in 2017. He has less-than-ideal size (6'5/265) so a strong Senior Bowl would be a massive boon for his prospective draft status.Source: Reese's Senior Bowl Dec 4 - 10:45 PM

No idea where they're getting that. I'd say Cole Madison passed 265 about 300 Baconators ago.