Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/spor...961026001/

snippet - The Minnesota Vikings play the Green Bay Packers on Saturday, and if the Vikings lose, the Eagles will clinch the top spot in the conference. If the Vikings win, then the Eagles will have to beat Oakland to clinch the top spot.
The Eagles, however, should be treating these last two games of the regular season like preseason games No. 3 and No. 4.
The third preseason game is considered the dress rehearsal for the regular season. So give Foles and the key starters the first half against the Raiders, then pull them in the second half.
None should play in the regular season finale against Dallas, which is what happens in the final preseason game.
As devastating as Carson Wentz's season-ending knee injury was to the Eagles, an injury to Foles would be even worse. Nate Sudfeld is the only other quarterback on the roster, and he has never played in an NFL game.

Some sportswriter across the river from Philly is suggesting they fold away from home field advantage.  I really think I'd like to buy that guy a beer.  He has a point (don't play to win, just make sure you can play in the playoffs).  It's a strategy that I don't think Doug Pederson is going to buy, however.  C'mon Khalil Mack.  Smack 'im.