Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How could there be empty seats in that stadium today?
GeorgiaVike was trying to get me to Co e down for the game last spring and he guaranteed that there would be cheap seats available.  He said Atlanta fans are pretty crappy about supporting their team by showing up.  I said he was nuts with the new stadium and superbowl appearance.....guess he knew better than me.

They couldn't sell out Braves Playoff Games when they had Maddox, Glavin and Smoltz. Has nothing to do with anything other than the ATL not being a big sports town.

Their fans sure do dress like stadium seats!

Atlanta is a city like a growing number of southern cities in that many if most of the population is not from there. No allegiance to the hometown team. Atlanta has been at the top of the heap in that category. I honestly think that's a huge issue for the LA market as well. 

Side note: There's no better looking domed stadium on TV than US Bank. While I'm sure the Atlanta stadium is beautiful in person. US Bank actually makes me want to come and see and experience it in person. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Atlanta is a city like a growing number of southern cities in that many if most of the population is not from there. No allegiance to the hometown team. Atlanta has been at the top of the heap in that category. I honestly think that's a huge issue for the LA market as well. 

Side note: There's no better looking domed stadium on TV than US Bank. While I'm sure the Atlanta stadium is beautiful in person. US Bank actually makes me want to come and see and experience it in person. 
I question why they didn't use the transparent roof for the whole thing.  That would have made it even better in my mind.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:

I question why they didn't use the transparent roof for the whole thing.  That would have made it even better in my mind.
didnt they sell advertising on that roof?   IIRC there is a logo up there that woudnt likely have worked on the etfe,  or maybe the etfe wouldnt have worked at all on the moving roof?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@NodakViking said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
Could it be the blowback to the the NFL/Goodell's idiocy in handling, take a knee on-purpose injection of politics into the one area people wanted to escape that stuff from is having an effect?  I don't mind what peeps think but they were too little, too late in removing it from what we really love... football.
No, it's been this way for along time.
I've been to may Vikings games and never seen it 50% empty, not even 30%.  I've seen 50% packer Jerseys but never empty seats to that degree even when sponsors bought up the last few thousand.
Did I say anything about Minnesota?

Well you didn't specify Atlanta and there was nothing about Atlanta in the quote you posted so I assumed you meant in the league in general which was a topic of discussion prior to your comment, so sorry.