Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating A Mismatch
Nice Barr!

At the end of the day, this game is all about personnel match-up's aint it? I don't know what we got in Hodges to be honest?  Add it to a very big heap of some great storylines that'll begin to unfold in just a couple weeks now!

With a girlfriend who had two kids who graduated from VaTech, I saw the Hokies a few times...Hodges has a shot to work his way into the lineup... I'd prefer if they left him at WR, which for all intents and purposes what he was in college, but the guys who get paid to make these decisions seem to think otherwise... We are starting at square one with his hand in the dirt...hopefully he picks that up quickly...

What I like most about Hodges is his
deep threat capability, in the sense that I think he will frequently require
some safety attention that will open up the field for our other
receivers/RBs.  If you have a LB on him,
I think you have to send him deep a lot of the times, just because it will
force the S to have to shade over towards him. 
I would just audible that all the time. 
I really like the idea of leaving him as a TE to try and encourage that
LB matchup or to put him at the X outside to isolate him on a smaller DB,
anywhere that you can dictate who he is going to be matching up with.  I’d probably try to avoid him going against
some of the bigger DBs.

I like the idea of Hodges being the second coming of Harold Carmichael...him playing TE at this level is basically tantamount to a position switch...

Quote: @"System" said:

[Image: AdamThielen.jpg?fit=1000%2C668]

Creating A Mismatch

BarrNone55 is a discussion forum personality that can be found on our Vikings Discussions The Vikings have added several pieces to their offense that could lead to matchup dilemmas for opponents de…

Read the full story here

This sounds intriguing:
TE David Morgan expects he will be used in a variety of ways. The Vikings seem intent on mixing up their offensive packages, not only with personnel, but also with how certain players are used.
In Morgan’s case, he expects a role in the running game and passing game.
“A little bit of both. We’ve been running a lot of two-tight end sets and we’ve been doing a lot of different things out of it,” he said. “We’ve been doing where I’m in the backfield playing fullback and Rudy’s out at wide receiver and we’ve been doing a lot of double-tight end stuff. We’ve been honestly mixing it up a lot and I feel it’s going to be a big mismatch come game days.”

Awesome take Barr. Nice to have detailed analysis especially this time of year. I agree with medaille that I wouldn't expect Murray and Cook simultaneously but I think it's great food for thought. We have a lot of talent for Shurmer I am expecting a big leap in our O this year. So much so I expect us to win our division and make a deep run if Bradford stays healthy.