Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beat them on the road so we can beat them at home
I suppose the NFL is wetting itself over the NFC schedule down the stretch.  6 NFC teams with 7 or more wins play each other this weekend.  And then it continues next week.

Looking at who we face, we have to beat Carolina and Atlanta on the road so we can possibly face them at home in the playoffs.  (yes, I am looking ahead, as a fan, I can do that without losing focus on Sunday.)  We beat Detroit on the road, and both NO and the Rams at home. 

So every NFC team they have faced outside of their division except for Tampa are playoff contenders.  As well as the Steelers and Ravens in the AFC.  I remember back a month or so ago hearing caution that we hadn't beaten anyone of note at that point.  Can't say that now, and the next 2 games are huge as well.  If we can win those 2, we are sitting pretty.  Even if we split, we still look pretty damn good IMO.

If we look back on this year, no one will be able to say our road was easy.  And with the exception of Philly, it is likely we will face a team in the playoffs that we have beaten in the regular season.