Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And, Your First Junior To Declare Is...
Connor Williams - T - PlayerTexas OT Connor Williams announced he will enter the 2018 NFL draft.

We've yet to truly evaluate any 2018 college prospects on Rotoworld's NFL side, but big media seems to believe Williams is a candidate to be a top-ten pick. Listed at 6-foot-6, 315, Williams started all three years for the Longhorns before leaving school early. The NFL badly needs an influx of offensive line talent.

I've seen him more along the lines of the last third of the draft not top 10...regardless, LT doesn't seem like much of a need anymore...RG with Berger likely to retire would appear to be the biggest need...Remmers continued concussion issue is troubling...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Connor Williams - T - PlayerTexas OT Connor Williams announced he will enter the 2018 NFL draft.

We've yet to truly evaluate any 2018 college prospects on Rotoworld's NFL side, but big media seems to believe Williams is a candidate to be a top-ten pick. Listed at 6-foot-6, 315, Williams started all three years for the Longhorns before leaving school early. The NFL badly needs an influx of offensive line talent.

I've seen him more along the lines of the last third of the draft not top 10...regardless, LT doesn't seem like much of a need anymore...RG with Berger likely to retire would appear to be the biggest need...Remmers continued concussion issue is troubling...
I agree on LT not being as big a deal, but I still think OT is where we need to be looking.  We've got Sirles and Isidora at G to step in,  I'm not sold on our OT depth behind Hill yet.

Sirels is going to hit free agency at the end of the year.  We'll have to re-sign him to consider him depth.  I'm assuming Berger calls it career at the end of the season and that will open up another guard spot.  You always want to grab a good T if one is available, but I think G is one of our biggest probable needs come draft day.  

Quote: @AllBS said:
Sirels is going to hit free agency at the end of the year.  We'll have to re-sign him to consider him depth.  I'm assuming Berger calls it career at the end of the season and that will open up another guard spot.  You always want to grab a good T if one is available, but I think G is one of our biggest probable needs come draft day.  
i doubt anybody backs up the brinks truck for Sirles,  I think his value is probably greatest for the Vikings as he knows the system and has shown the ability to line up at 4 OL positions if needed.  pretty valuable back up for us.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I agree on LT not being as big a deal, but I still think OT is where we need to be looking.  We've got Sirles and Isidora at G to step in,  I'm not sold on our OT depth behind Hill yet.
With Remmers and Reiff in the first year of 5-year terms, and Hill playing as good as he is, and Collins a promising young player, I don't think you can draft a tackle in the first round. I think I'd focus on a penetrating 3-tech, a guard in the 2nd, and then maybe a back to replace McKinnon, who will almost certainly move on. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

With Remmers and Reiff in the first year of 5-year terms, and Hill playing as good as he is, and Collins a promising young player, I don't think you can draft a tackle in the first round. I think I'd focus on a penetrating 3-tech, a guard in the 2nd, and then maybe a back to replace McKinnon, who will almost certainly move on. 
i havent seen enough on Colling to say yet,  Remmers is having the lingering concussion issues bothers me.  I am more concerned about T depth thinking that they are more likely to be able to kick inside than a drafted Guard being able to jump outside if need be.  

I agree on the other 2 position with adding in likely a QB as well.   Sloter plus either Teddy or Case ( dont see us retaining both) leaves room for at least 1 more.