Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A preview or a tease? Aaron Rodgers throws -- and throws deep -- in workout
PITTSBURGH -- Aaron Rodgers offered a preview on Sunday night of perhaps what’s to come next week.
Or perhaps it was just a tease.
Whatever it was, the Green Bay Packers quarterback threw for the first time in public since his Oct. 19 surgery to repair his broken right clavicle.
And this wasn’t just a little tossing around the pigskin. He launched at least one throw that traveled more than 50 yards in the air. The workout took place about two hours before the Packers played the Steelers at Heinz Field.
Rodgers went on injured reserve the day after his surgery and is eligible to practice this coming week. However, he must remain on IR for eight weeks, meaning the earliest he could possibly play would be Dec. 17 at Carolina -- the Packers’ Week 15 game.
It was two weeks ago when Rodgers first could be seen going through some rehab work off to the side in the Packers' indoor practice facility. That workout was limited to conditioning, footwork and a simulated throwing motion with a towel.
Rodgers was all smiles after the short throwing session Sunday. He sat on the bench with several teammates and then signed some autographs for early arriving Steelers fans, who wished him good luck on Sunday night to which Rodgers replied: “I’m not playing.”
Aaron Rodgers signed some autographs for Steelers fans, who wished him good luck tonight. To which Rodgers replied, "I'm not playing."

Aaron Rodgers signed some autographs for Steelers fans, who wished him good luck tonight. To which Rodgers replied, "I'm not playing."

Maybe they meant good luck with your recovery from a broken collar bone. Or, because you are still part of a team and your team is playing, perhaps they meant good luck to you as a member of the Packers. But, yeah, just assume the fans are too stupid to know you are not playing.
Normally, when someone wishes you good luck before an event, you just thank them. You do not correct them. I guess the fans are lucky he didn't tell them, "I don't need luck. I'm Aaron Rodgers."

What a dumbass. They were wishing you good luck for your recovery. 

This was the dumbest shit I have ever seen in an NFL game yet. It really played to the dumbest of the sports fans out there and sadly that is the majority of idiots in this country. 

The story went like this:
He was out there throwing without knowing the results of an Xray because it would be bad for him to know either way. If it showed that it wasn't healing well or wasn't healed that is a negative that he doesn't want to worry about. If it showed that it was healed then he has to stay on IR anyway and that would suck too. 

Ok so that's the type of stupid drama bullshit that people in this country fall for without exercising any sort of critical or even rational thought. They just eat shit like that up because ooooh it sounds so romantic. The battler, the guy who, damnit regardless of injury I am going to go out there and show I can play some ball! Yeehaw!

Give me a fucking break people. A multi-million dollar asset is allowed to go out there and start hurling footballs without any evidence that is safe for him to do? The organization is just going to let him throw caution to the wind and say "fuck it let's see what happens for a show to fans on the big screen".

I am so damn tired of this stupidity and dumbing down to the masses. It is insulting to our intelligence and it reeks of arrogance. Of course he and the organization knows exactly where he is at on his recovery. Save us the bullshit story. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
What a dumbass. They were wishing you good luck for your recovery. 
He just cursed himself.