Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 6 flags of Case Keenum
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/1...sk-taking/

A very fair article on Keenum.  He even critques himself on that one poor decision to throw to a well covered Thielen in the endzone.  Someone else was open on a shallow cross and could have picked up the first.

One interesting tidbit that hadn't seen before
Quote:And while Keenum has landed four of six long bombs over 40 yards, but
his throws between 20-40 have not gone particularly well. He’s completed
just 6-of-21 throws with two interceptions and a 38.7 rating on
downfield tosses. By the way, Brett Favre had a rating of 119.3 on
throws between 21-30 and 106.3 on throws between 31-40 yards in 2009.

As Zimmer says, "he's got a horseshoe." Let him play until it runs out. Who knows, we might be able to ride that horseshoe to the Super Bowl. 

Quote: @"Ilovebigtd's" said:
the guy has been insanely lucky. people are gonna kill me for this but im sorry.

weve been hot, wait until the game has to be on keenum and when we fall back down to earth.

the real keenum will see is the one from when we played detroit and pittsburgh
So... just to clarify, ALL of the last six games are "lucky", but his first game (an emergency start) and the game where he lost his starting RB who the gameplan was built around are who he really is?

In a way, you're kinda right: Case's career up until this point has been based on him being put into bad situations. Houston and St. Louis were some bad teams where nobody would have succeeded. Give him a decent supporting cast and he's above average and maybe even good.

To sum up, your assessment is right... but not for the reason you think.

I'm probably more critical than most here of Keenum, but prior to this year he was 2 games above .500 in his last 3 years of spot duty.

We are a better team than his previous teams.  My biggest thing about Keenum is that he just needs to stop with the hero ball and cut out the 2-3 super risky throws he makes in a game.  His normal, baseline performance is good enough for us to win most games, but we can easily get down a score with a turnover in our own end that leads directly to points.

He's had some lucky moments, no denying that. But his overall play has been very good and fairly consistent. Good leader, fiery and tough.

the guy has been insanely lucky. people are gonna kill me for this but im sorry.

weve been hot, wait until the game has to be on keenum and when we fall back down to earth.

Good to see you back son...

Yup, horseshoe where the sun don't shine and some big balls. At some point a fan has to ask themselves if the the real Case Keenum may be the one we see playing now?

Anyways we, Zimmer really dont have a choice but to ride this horse. And if you're winning while doing it? Thats some pretty sweet medicine to be chugging down. 

Enjoy the ride, 8/2 is rare plumage of a season to date...

You keep making yourself look uninformed.

Go read the play by play against the Lions.
Quit looking at box scores.

How many teams go into Pit for their home opener and come out with a win.
What were there, like 140 yards of penalties against MN