Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST FORUM RULES
I think with the new software I should probably put this list up again as a reminder to all that this isnt the wild west over here.  We dont want this type of forum to go away so please adhere to these simple rules or go into you profile settings and just opt out of this forum on your own.

Here are the rules I try to enforce for the ST area.  ( aside from the general board rules regarding shit we could get sued for.  Nudity, copyrighted stuff etc)

1. Dont post anything in the ST forum without adding your own opinions to it. ( that was a Tempe rule that I really liked )  in an effort to keep the pot stirring memes and such shit out of the threads that dont really add anything to the conversation.

2. Dont paint with a wide brush. it is easy to get offended when you see yourself as part of a group that gets labeled negatively. ( I call this the Bob rule) and its very hard to be surgical with a broadsword.

3. No name calling ( lets call this the kindygarden rule.)  if you cant make a point without calling somebody a name or applying a label,  dont make the point, it will just rile things up.

4. Show respect to your fellow posters,  if you cant disagree respectfully,  ( and I am not talking about saying "with all due respect" and then saying what ever the hell you feel like)   I mean true respect for that persons opinions, feelings, and positions.  Then dont respond.  Walk away.  The ST forum isnt about winning some internet battle,  there is no changing another persons mind,  its about maybe enlightening others and helping educate others as to why you feel a certain way on a subject and maybe learning a little about why they feel the way they do.

FYI rules can be added at anytime,  but just play nice and we wont have to.

Awesome.  I have a Rule named after me !!!  

Just messing with you Jimmy, but doesn't naming rule number 2 after me. Violate rules 3 and 4????  

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
Just messing with you Jimmy, but doesn't naming rule number 2 after me. Violate rules 3 and 4????  
If you have taken offense I apologize and I will remove it,   I thought you might find humor in it considering our past conversations on that exact thing.  Let me know and it's gone.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"Viking Bob" said:
If you have taken offense I apologize and I will remove it,   I thought you might find humor in it considering our past conversations on that exact thing.  Let me know and it's gone.
No offense is taken. I was hoping you would have found the humor in my response. LOL. 

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"Viking Bob" said:
No offense is taken. I was hoping you would have found the humor in my response. LOL. 
we are good,  i figured it would be fine,  but as of late I am not taking much for granted.

@"Viking Bob" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"Viking Bob" said:
we are good,  i figured it would be fine,  but as of late I am not taking much for granted.
I was just trying to be funny with my response, its all good Jimmy, I have fun with it.

sexual harrassment panda approves.

Quote: @kmillard said:
sexual harrassment panda approves.
I have no idea what that is, but i am appreciative of his/her approval... i think.

I think with the new software I should probably put this list up again as a reminder to all that this isnt the wild west over here.  We dont want this type of forum to go away so please adhere to these simple rules or go into you profile settings and just opt out of this forum on your own.

Here are the rules I try to enforce for the ST area.  ( aside from the general board rules regarding shit we could get sued for.  Nudity, copyrighted stuff etc)

1. Dont post anything in the ST forum without adding your own opinions to it. ( that was a Tempe rule that I really liked )  in an effort to keep the pot stirring memes and such shit out of the threads that dont really add anything to the conversation.

2. Dont paint with a wide brush. it is easy to get offended when you see yourself as part of a group that gets labeled negatively. ( I call this the Bob rule) and its very hard to be surgical with a broadsword.

3. No name calling ( lets call this the kindygarden rule.)  if you cant make a point without calling somebody a name or applying a label,  dont make the point, it will just rile things up.

4. Show respect to your fellow posters,  if you cant disagree respectfully,  ( and I am not talking about saying "with all due respect" and then saying what ever the hell you feel like)   I mean true respect for that persons opinions, feelings, and positions.  Then dont respond.  Walk away.  The ST forum isnt about winning some internet battle,  there is no changing another persons mind,  its about maybe enlightening others and helping educate others as to why you feel a certain way on a subject and maybe learning a little about why they feel the way they do.

FYI rules can be added at anytime,  but just play nice and we wont have to.
1 - 

2 - 

3 - [Image: epic_label_fail___by_wsmarkhenry-d63myif.jpg]

4 - [Image: tenor.gif]

Did I break all 4?  <3 Big Grin  Thanks for this Jimmy!