Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait what? A fake concussion check?
Well if something happened, they can point to the footage and say he didn't get checked out.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikeking2 said:
guy seemed fine. id be pissed as a fan if the league forced my star qb to sit in a tent and miss a bunch of plays if he was actually ready to play. 
what do you know about concussion? not being a smart ass here,  are you qualified to identify on the fly a concussive hit?  I have suffered several concussions, I have seen my kid through several as well.  I am trained to identify concussive symptoms and I can say that I couldnt necessarily say that a guy is good or not without spending a couple minutes with him and even then I couldnt say yes or no with certainty.  If we are going to see football going forward its going to have moments of player absence as they are cleared.

as a fan are you willing to say that you are putting victory ahead of your teams players future health?  the owners are no longer willing to take this risk and that is why these policies are in place.

I think the key word is "forced".  If Russell is willing to risk his own health, why shouldn't he be able to do so?  It's one thing if his coach demands that he undergo the "protocol"... but something completely different if it is mandated by the referee.
NFL players have never been forced to play football, yet they field a lawsuit against the league because of concussions.  

This was is now protocol.  It's not up to the coach to put his player in jeopardy.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikeking2 said:
guy seemed fine. id be pissed as a fan if the league forced my star qb to sit in a tent and miss a bunch of plays if he was actually ready to play. 
what do you know about concussion? not being a smart ass here,  are you qualified to identify on the fly a concussive hit?  I have suffered several concussions, I have seen my kid through several as well.  I am trained to identify concussive symptoms and I can say that I couldnt necessarily say that a guy is good or not without spending a couple minutes with him and even then I couldnt say yes or no with certainty.  If we are going to see football going forward its going to have moments of player absence as they are cleared.

as a fan are you willing to say that you are putting victory ahead of your teams players future health?  the owners are no longer willing to take this risk and that is why these policies are in place.

I think the key word is "forced".  If Russell is willing to risk his own health, why shouldn't he be able to do so?  It's one thing if his coach demands that he undergo the "protocol"... but something completely different if it is mandated by the referee.
There are some questions that are not even worth asking a person because if they are affected, they're not going to be able to judge they are:

1) Are you concussed?
2) Are you drunk?
3) Are you heat stroked?

And the emotion baggage of #3 on this board is completely intentional.

Definitely should get one game suspension for ignoring concussion protocol.  He's the same clown that last year tried a slide popup to see if he could get extra yds.