Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dejo hurting

That's too bad.  Sednejo played a nice game last Sunday against the pass and run.  He teamed up nicely with Harry on a couple plays including a TD saver.

Well we all know that this game comes with injuries. Hope he can get back soon. He has played pretty well lately. 

And Harris isn't exactly the picture of health...might see Newman out there...

Jayron, Anthony, Terrance. Your turn to step up and make plays. At worst don’t allow big plays. 

Only thing I am concerned about as their weakness at S, means Harry cant be in the box as much as we want

This just makes me disappointed about Jayron Kearse. George Iloka has been the model comparison for Kearse, in both physical attributes and as a Zimmer student - but Iloka won a starting job at the beginning of his second year. Anthony Harris is just OK, so Kearse must not be doing anything special in practice. But he usually looked like the most disinterested starting player at Clemson, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
This just makes me disappointed about Jayron Kearse. George Iloka has been the model comparison for Kearse, in both physical attributes and as a Zimmer student - but Iloka won a starting job at the beginning of his second year. Anthony Harris is just OK, so Kearse must not be doing anything special in practice. But he usually looked like the most disinterested starting player at Clemson, so I shouldn't be surprised.
or you might be underselling Sendejo,  dont feel bad most fans do.  Kearse may not be starting,  but he is certainly a contributor on special teams and looks pretty damn good doing it.   Who did Iloka have to beat out?   Sendejo is not chopped liver at the position like many think,  he is understanding his job now and is physical enough to make him tough to unseat.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
or you might be underselling Sendejo,  dont feel bad most fans do.  Kearse may not be starting,  but he is certainly a contributor on special teams and looks pretty damn good doing it.   Who did Iloka have to beat out?   Sendejo is not chopped liver at the position like many think,  he is understanding his job now and is physical enough to make him tough to unseat.
I don't think Kearse should necessarily have unseated Sendejo, but if he was taking advantage of his natural talents and the coaching he has received, I think he should be ahead of Harris on the depth chart and able to make the most of Sendejo's absence. Yes, he's a good ST player and I know that's valuable, but I'm doubtful he is moving towards becoming anything more.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
I don't think Kearse should necessarily have unseated Sendejo, but if he was taking advantage of his natural talents and the coaching he has received, I think he should be ahead of Harris on the depth chart and able to make the most of Sendejo's absence. Yes, he's a good ST player and I know that's valuable, but I'm doubtful he is moving towards becoming anything more.
Isnt Kearse Smiths back up?  I dont think the 2 positions are necessarily interchangeable.