Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs? Playoffs? Im talking Playoffs?
so yes,   I was thinking about where things stand right now in the playoff picture and while we are all planning on winning the division so we really shouldnt be to concerned about not making it in... I think  home field will be huge this year if we really wanted to make a serious run at a Lombardi.   I know things will change a lot between now and January,  but we really should be looking at the likelihood of needing to win out to have a legit shot at home field the way the Iggles are playing.

I know that we have talked it to death about letting Case play until the wheels fall off,  but can we really afford a loss at this point,  let alone a loss within our conference?  

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

This has us currently as a 3 seed (although I am not sure how that is possible since they have nawlins as a 2 and we beat them head to head which is IIRC always the first tie breaker)  but we can easily see how congested it is right now. 

I think I am flipping again on who should start... I dont care how Case has done, if the coaches thing Teddy is the better option then they need to get him in there as soon as they think hes ready.

Tie-breakers push the Vikings behind NO since it's a three-way tie with the Rams holding the same record. Since MN hasn't beaten the Rams head-to-head that tie-breaker can't be used to eliminate the Saints. So conference record is what is the difference right now. Due to the number of games played the Saints are 5-1 vs the Vikings 4-1 vs the Rams 4-2.

I do think the Vikings will go to Bridgewater within the next three games, hopefully they don't have to lose any games to make that switch.

The head to head only matters if tie-breaking either between two teams or where one team has beat all other tied teams.  There are currently three teams at 6-2 (Saints, Vikings and Rams).  Since there isn't one team that has beat the other two, the next tie-breaker is conference record.  The Saints are at 5-1, Vikings 4-1 and the Rams are at 4-2. So, seeding is second, third and fourth, respectively.

just make the switch as soon as possible. dont need to have a switch midgame. it means we are having a bad game, not just the qb, but whole team. I mean the rest of the team has made up for Case short comings all year. i envision the first time we are looking bad enough for mid game switch means the whole team is struggling. 

if you switch to teddy, the team can make up for his rust just as easy as Case short comings. at least this way it doesnt force Teddys first action to possinly be off the bench while team is struggling, or the following game after the whole team struggled.

put teddy in while we are fresh off the bye if he is deemed ready for action