Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday Night free for all...
Holy Cow...anyone catch the Ravens / Fins game tonight?
I missed it....we had practice tonight.....
sounds like a hockey game broke out..

Flacco hit late sliding feel first......brawl
Suh tries to choke Mallet.....brawl
someone else gets poked in the eye (Captain Insano shows no mercy) 

theres a difference between chippy and chickenshit. 

Sorry I missed it

Flacco was trying to pick up a first down in the red zone...  Slid late...  Kiko Alonso was coming in for the tackle and smoked him right in the head due to the late slide.  Helmet went flying...  Flacco looked dazed...  The Ravens offensive linemen went crazy and took Kiko to the ground...  Big scrum.

QBs are "protected"...  But they need to stop flirting on the edge with these rules that protect them if they don't want to get hurt IMO...  If Rodgers doesn't want to get tackled rolling out of the pocket, throw the ball away early instead of holding it until the last possible second trying to make a play... That just ensures you're gonna get hit.  QB wants to try to run for a first down...  Slide earlier instead of waiting until the defender is right on top of you...

Just my opinion.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Flacco was trying to pick up a first down in the red zone...  Slid late...  Kiko Alonso was coming in for the tackle and smoked him right in the head due to the late slide.  Helmet went flying...  Flacco looked dazed...  The Ravens offensive linemen went crazy and took Kiko to the ground...  Big scrum.

QBs are "protected"...  But they need to stop flirting on the edge with these rules that protect them if they don't want to get hurt IMO...  If Rodgers doesn't want to get tackled rolling out of the pocket, throw the ball away early instead of holding it until the last possible second trying to make a play... That just ensures you're gonna get hit.  QB wants to try to run for a first down...  Slide earlier instead of waiting until the defender is right on top of you...

Just my opinion.
Completely agree. QB's are taking extreme liberties with the rules and are asking defenders to be able to beat physics. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:

Just my opinion.
Yep.  Case did it last week, or maybe two weeks ago.  Just barely missed having his head taken off as he juked inside and then slid late.  Picked up the first, but nearly paid the price.

IMO, once a QB makes an elusive move outside the pocket, he shouldn't be able to slide.  If he wants to take a free 5 and slide, fine.  But once he cuts past a defender, jukes or changes direction, he shouldn't be protected.  The slide was for QBs like Marino, not RGIII types.