Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News From The Factory Of Sadness
Joe Thomas - T - BrownsBrowns LT Joe Thomas (torn triceps, injured reserve) will undergo surgery on Tuesday, and be sidelined 6-9 months.

Speaking Monday, coach Hue Jackson said he was hopeful Thomas would return for 2018. Thomas is due $8.8 million in the final year of his contract. For his part, Thomas wasn't ready to think that far ahead. "Am I done playing?," Thomas asked rhetorically. "I don’t know. I think that’s a decision that’s best talked about in the offseason." Thomas turns 33 in December.Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter Oct 23 - 2:59 PM

Cody Kessler - QB - BrownsBrowns coach Hue Jackson is holding off on naming his Week 8 starter at quarterback.

Jackson said each of Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer and Kevin Hogan are a possibility. Our money is on Kessler, though it's possible the Browns give Kizer one last chance under center. With the season already torpedoed at 0-7, Jackson doesn't have much to lose.Related: Kevin Hogan, DeShone Kizer

So which QB can run away from our D the fastest?   Wink

Check out this line: 

LT - Joe Thomas (7X 1st team All Pro)
LG - Joel Bitonio (1st runner up for PFF’s rookie of the year in 2014. Ahead of Zach Martin and 2nd only to OBJ. PFF All Pro. Recognized as one of the best guards in the NFL, Bitonio signed a 50M contract extension this year). 
C - JC Tretter (Signed away from the Packers for 3-year, 17M contract. At the time ranked by PFF in top 5 at his position)
RG - Kevin Zeitler (Cream of the FA crop last year; highest paid guard in NFL)
RT - Shon Coleman (2nd year, 3rd round draft choice. Cleveland was so high on Coleman they traded his only competition). 

Only the factory of sadness can waste a line this good. 

Wait, they're 0/7?

We're playing a winless team this late in the season? 

Oy