Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefon Diggs’ injury puts Michael Floyd in the spotlight
The Minnesota Vikings not only signed Michael Floyd after a severe DUI incident in Arizona, but they stuck by him after violating the terms of his house arrest. Now with an injury to star receiver Stefon Diggs, the Vikings will need Floyd to step into the spotlight.
In Floyd’s debut against the Chicago Bears, he caught one pass, a 19-yard throw from quarterback Case Keenum. The reception required the former Cardinal to create separation and adjust to the ball. Floyd’s catch was a familiar sight to anyone who had watched him in training camp. For a large receiver (6-foot-3, 220 pounds) he has deceptive speed and the ability to make high-difficulty plays downfield.

At his best, Floyd can be a terrific downfield weapon – and that doesn’t just mean on bombs thrown 30 or 40 yards. In 2015, 20 of his 52 grabs were thrown between 11-20 yards.
It so happens that Diggs has been very successful on intermediate throws this year. He’s made seven catches, including one that ended up as a 52-yard touchdown, at the intermediate depth and caught four more balls that traveled between 21-30 yards in the air.
Diggs essentially transformed from a slot underneath receiver to a dominant deep threat. His average depth of target nearly doubled.
But a groin injury hampered Diggs against the Bears. He finished the game with just one catch for four yards and he has not practiced since Monday night’s game.
https://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/...spotlight/

No it don't! (Apparently). I was surprised Floyd didn't play much but Thielen, Rudolph, and Treadwell picked up the slack today. We definitely need Diggs back sooner than later though.

Rudolph had a couple classic Rudolph drops but other than that, the guys played well. I even saw Jarius out there but I don't think he was thrown to. McKinnon had a great game despite the costly fumble.fen

Offense didn't look good but it did enough. D was outstanding.

Loved how Treadwell looked today. That catch was the best I've seen this year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Loved how Treadwell looked today. That catch was the best I've seen this year. 
It was an IMPRESSIVE catch.  Fans were ready to shovel dirt on Treadwell and elevate Floyd...  especially with Diggs out. Funny how good Treadwell looked with more targets...

I'm still dubious of Treadwell, but it would be awfully nice if the bulb went on for the kid, help make-up for loss of Cook. Floyd did have some nice blocks today Wink