Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Sansevere: Packers painfully aware of what Aaron Rodgers’ injury means
The Packers were a legit Super Bowl contender with Rodgers. Without him, they will struggle to float above .500.

In 2013, Rodgers broke his left collarbone. The Packers had won four straight and were 5-2. They failed to win any of the next five games after his injury. Rodgers did return for the final regular-season game but, remember, the break that time was to the collarbone adjacent to his non-throwing arm.
The succession of Hall of Fame-caliber play from Brett Favre to Rodgers has given the Packers the best situation at quarterback in the NFL for the past quarter century.
That ended Sunday with the loss of Rodgers.
Brett Hundley is the Packers’ quarterback now, and that is not a salve that will ease the pain of losing Rodgers.

“I hate to go with the whole ‘next man up’ thing,’’ Packers linebacker Clay Matthews said, “but we have a lot of next men up right now who are being thrown to the wolves, so we have to weather the storm somehow, get healthy, and get better.”

The Packers will exist in a world where late-game heroics by their quarterback is a thing of the recent past. They get to see how many other NFL teams have lived over the past 25 years.
Meantime, the rest of the NFL gets to see how Mike McCarthy coaches when he has to do a lot more than tell Rodgers to “go get ‘em.”

“Losing Aaron Rodgers speaks for itself,” McCarthy said. “In my opinion, he is the best player in football. But this is a team game. This is the ultimate team game, and we need to be better with the 11 people on the field that we have regardless of the phase we’re in, and ultimately that is my responsibility.”
After news wafted to players just how bad their quarterback was injured, a reporter asked Nelson what Rodgers meant to the Packers. He needed just one word to answer.
“Everything,” he said.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/15/bob...ury-means/

Struggle to float above .500?

They are 3-5-1 without Rodgers all time.

I dont't like injuries, but screw the Packers. The Vikings seem to have more of their fair share the last few years.

yup...still don't care.

like we haven't suffered QB, or RB, or O line casualties...
cry me a river

I hope they don't pick another HOF QB this year....Erin is 34, about the age when he was drafted t be Favre heir.  I hope a string of busts ensues.