Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is great and there is Aaron Rodgers
There are other quarterbacks with more accolades. But if you combine statistical analysis with the eye test, you can find a path to calling Aaron Rodgers the greatest quarterback in NFL history.For all of the advanced statistics and in-depth video analysis available to us, no one has devised a simple, one-stop-shopping destination for evaluating quarterbacks.
In baseball, WAR offers an imperfect but relevant snapshot of a player’s overall value. To judge an NFL quarterback, you need to study basic statistics, advanced statistics and new-age statistics while understanding that play-calling, the quality of teammates and opposing defenses, coaching, nagging injuries, NFL rules and the way they are interpreted, running and scrambling ability and situational play all can skew performance and judgment.
On Sunday, Aaron Rodgers will play at U.S. Bank Stadium. There is no sure way to accurately compare him to Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana or even Tom Brady. There is no logical way to compare him to Jim Brown, Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor or Dick Butkus.
But if you combine statistical analysis with the eye test, you can find a path to calling Rodgers the greatest quarterback in NFL history. And if he’s the greatest quarterback in NFL history, that would make him the most valuable player in league history, and perhaps the greatest football player ever.

OMFG

Barf.... 

There can be a debate that he's not even the greatest packer QB let alone the NFL's...  Just because he's on the field weekly, aided greatly by changes in rules and favoritism, doesn't make what he does any better than what happened years ago.  With everyone polishing his knob 24/7 I get how people can start to think how wonderful he is... but his line holds, the NFL rules have been changed to favor Offense.  He's no Montana, he's no Brady, he's no Manning and the list can go on..  He's a great QB that doesn't turn it over as often as the packers "other" great QB did. 

I think he's going to torch the Vikings today, unfortunately.

I think he is going to need some good bedside manner. This author seems like he would like to gove it to him.

would have been better if "Joe my lips are sewn to Aaron's ass Buck would have called the play.

Laughed out loud when I read the pasted part, thinking that it was from a halfwit fan or a Packer forum of some sort. Should've known it was Souhan. 

i think his arm is in a sling and he is on the sideline rest of year. couldnt happen to a smugger prick. 

dude got crushed. acted like bitch yelling fuck you to Barr for the hit. then the pussy announcer try to make it out to be murder. only to be disagreed with by former nfl lead red. 

fuck aaron. 

shouldve beem unsportmans like conduct and ejected from game. another guy points and and says fuck you over and over again to rodgers he wouldve be penalized