Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgwater could be back on practice field in one week...
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Vikings

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Teddy Bridgewater's (knee, PUP) is ready to return.

Bridgewater will be reevaluated Monday, the first step in his potential return from the PUP list. There haven't been any setbacks to Bridgewater's recovery, and he's already cleared for football activities. With Sam Bradford sidelined, the Vikings could turn to Bridgewater as soon as Week 7. There are contract and depth chart considerations to Bridgewater's situation, but he's trending toward playing this season.

Source: NFL Network Oct 15 - 9:10 AM

By week 7?

No. Jfc. No training camp. New offense. No. 

Lets see what the doc says Monday and take it one week at a time...I'm sure the team that put Bradford out there Monday, started Josh Freeman a week in will make the right call with Teddy lol! 

Derp...

I am not concerned about Teddy knowing the offense,  I have to think he has taken more mental reps ( and dont forget Madden reps) that any other QB we have.  IMO its going to be his timing that is going to be the biggest obstacle,  his feel in the pocket as well as how quickly he is diagnosing the defense.   his body may be ready,  but it will take a few week IMO to see his brain catch up.   he will know what he wants to do in  about every situation you could put in front of him,  but will his brain be able to process changes to that plan quick enough?

It would be nice to see what Teddy can do before the end of this year.  Not rushing him in but we might not have our 2018 starting QB on our roster and want some more questions answered moving forward.  I think Bradford is not the answer with a chronic knee issue.  We are going to be drafting a QB high next year or maybe in the Cousin's sweeps.  

Any playing time they get out Teddy will a bonus and actually kind of surprising.  I am interested to where the QB situation goes regarding 2018.  Doubt Bradford plays again for the Vikes, actually think his career might be over.

Fox is reporting that Bradford's knee is worse than reported....might be career ending. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Fox is reporting that Bradford's knee is worse than reported....might be career ending. 
What a shame...snake-bit career in every sense but the wallet.  I still give RS credit for trying to save last year under extreme circumstances.