Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Maye today...
I would say mixed debut just seeing the stats. 

Anyone see the Pats today?

20/33, 243 yds, 3 tds/2 int's, 60.6 Cmp%

Watched a bit of it flipping around. He looked like a top rookie pick, some good intermixed with some bad. One thing I liked is it didn't seem like the mistakes or sacks were getting to him.

ESPN compared his stats to the other first rounders first start this year and he had thrown for more yards and TDs.

Stats.....usually misleading. That would mean Minnesota has the worst pass defense in the NFL because they've allowed the most passing yards. He looked like a talented rookie playing his first game, good and bad. I do think this batch of first round rookie QBs is going to be historically good however.

(10-14-2024, 03:40 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Stats.....usually misleading. That would mean Minnesota has the worst pass defense in the NFL because they've allowed the most passing yards. He looked like a talented rookie playing his first game, good and bad. I do think this batch of first round rookie QBs is going to be historically good however.

I agree. I actually watched more football than I intended to yesterday. Maye looked OK. Some good, some bad, but he's got nothing to work with. Jayden Daniels was shockingly good. Bo Nix tries too hard. He constantly forces balls downfield when there are open receivers right in front of him. I think he's trying too hard to shake his small-ball reputation. But I think he's got a bright future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

Maye did make history on Sunday, though, as he became the first quarterback since at least 1950 to throw three-plus touchdowns and lead his team in rushing in his first career start, per the NFL.

Source:NFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: