Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Defense rankings
(Yesterday, 11:18 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: #2 in Rushing Defense (67.2 YPG)  Ravens #1
#4 in Scoring (15.2 PPG)  Chargers #1, Broncos #2, Steelers #3
#30 in Passing Defense (263 YPG)  Only Ravens & Jacksonville are worse. Note who is #1 in Rushing Defense...they are #31 in Passing defense for the same reason.
#16 in Total YPG. Other Notables: the Jets defense is #2, Texans are #4, Bears are #7, 49ers are #9, Giants are #11, Chiefs are #13.  The surprise?  Tennessee has the #1 YPG defense. 

Yes, that Jets defense yesterday was not easy to play against.  

Turnover ratio:  
#5 at +4  Other notables:  Bills & Packers +7, Bears & Chargers at +5
Only 14 teams have a plus turnover ratio.

Interceptions:
#1 at 11 picks total.  #2 is Green Bay at 9 picks and #3 is the Bears/Steelers/Saints tied with 6 picks.
Surprising?  3 teams have zero picks (Titans, Commodes, Jaguars) and Chiefs have 1.

Point Differential
Vikings #1 at +63  Notable others:  Saints +57, Commanders +40, Bills +36, Bears +28, Broncos +23, Lions +22, Ravens +21, Chiefs +20, Packers +20
The NFC North is a tough division

Vikes are also #2 in Sacks. Giants are #1

I didn't see the game so I don't know if the rib shot caused him to lose his poise or not. But he can't play like that and expect to keep on winning. The defense can't bail you out if you are playing from behind very often. This defense makes this team special but not so much if Sam doesn't play well. He throws too many picks for my liking. Some of that is probably due to KOC's downfield aggressive nature. Hopefully the bye will get him on track again and healthier. Getting Jones back healthy would be huge.

(Yesterday, 04:29 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: ^^^

This!!!

I dont think we saw KOC at his best yesterday and I questioned their offense's situational football prowess at key times. 

But we won and I'll sure take it. 

I think I heard our 3rd down conversion was not very good yesterday and may not be ytd in regards to that offense. 

They definitely have some things to try to clean-up and people to heal the next 2 weeks. They better, cause they come back to face the Kitties right away.

We were 9th in the NFL heading into our game against the Jets with a 43.5% conversion rate on 3rd down.

We were 4-13 on 3rd down against the Jets and it dropped is to 15th overall now in 3rd down conversion rate at 40.7%.  still in the top half.

KC who is also undefeated is 9th now at 42.6%. 

Smaller sample size right now only 5 games in, but the Vikings are looking pretty strong on 3rd down considering the defenses we've played.

Here is the 3rd down conversion rate for the defenses we've played:
Giants 33.9%
SF 43.3%
Houston 36.4%
Green Bay 35.6%
New York Jets 31.7%
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post: