Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd downs were key
What is the San Francisco media saying? Some key points....

Purdy was under pressure a career-high 13 times. He was sacked a career-high 6 times. Vikings were 7 of 12 on 3rd downs. 49ers were 2 of 10. This for a team that is typically exceptionally good on 3rd downs. 

My takeaway at the half was that the Vikings really needed to get more pressure from the front four. But Flores picks his spots. Sometimes I think he lays low early to sorta fool QBs into thinking they have more time than they really do. Then in key spots, he puts the hammer down in pressure and coverage disguises.  

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ba...jefferson/

Vikings lead the league with 11 sacks. Where Danielle Hunter at? Its the scheme, its putting guys in the right situation. Games are won and lost on about 4-6 plays. That's how close the league is 80% of the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

One other thing not mentioned here was how we shut the door on Mason after the half. Actually I'm not sure when it happened but he seemed to be cooking off 8 and 9 yard runs at will early on, but the Vikings kinda slammed the door on that later in the game.

(09-16-2024, 11:53 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: One other thing not mentioned here was how we shut the door on Mason after the half. Actually I'm not sure when it happened but he seemed to be cooking off 8 and 9 yard runs at will early on, but the Vikings kinda slammed the door on that later in the game.

Vikings should have rode Chandler more. 8+ yard a carry. Honestly, Minnesota was in control of the whole game. Wasn't as close as the final score.