Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Damn. RIP Jack Russell of Great White
Jack Russell, Former Great White Singer, Dead at 63 (msn.com)

Many of you probably haven't heard of or barely remember Great White who hit their peak in the late 80's. For me they were an accidental life changer.  It was 1987 . My favorite album was probably Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet. I had recently seen the movie "Jaws" for the first time on TV.  I was browsing the catalog of some record club (BMG?) with a sale offer. And there was a band I'd never heard called Great White with an album called "Once Bitten".  Sold Big Grin   

From the first notes of "Lady Red Light" to the fade out of "Save Your Love", that album put my jaw on the floor.  I bought every subsequent Great White album through 1999's "Can't Get There From Here".  My MP3 player has over 80 Great White songs on it.  

From "The Angel Song" on the album "... Twice Shy"

"Fly, lonely angel
Spread your wings another way
Fly, lonely angel
Find a better way
A better day"
[-] The following 2 users Like RS_Express's post:

Sometimes, you really connect hard with a band, either in your youth or even later in life....I really liked Russell's rock ballad voice. Same with David Coverdale. I've found that I'm very much an eclectic music listener now as a 58 year old: Lizzo, to Indie Pop, to Electronic Music, to Amy Winehouse, to Imogen Heap, to FloRida. My wife and I love music, its on all day in our house until the workday ends and on all weekend. its a great mood enhancer. The Heos system is on right now at 6:50 am eastern....
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: