Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsung hero
Sendejo was second in tackles and had an interception.  A couple of his hits were hard enough to make a receiver hesitate after. 

People overlook his effort because they didn't want him in the past. 

I have said it for years and I will say it again... he's not half as bad as people think and is deserving of a starting spot on this team.  I have heard he is a dick off the field,  but i am sure we have several guys on the team that would fail the "good guy" test away from the camera at times.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I have said it for years and I will say it again... he's not half as bad as people think and is deserving of a starting spot on this team.  I have heard he is a dick off the field,  but i am sure we have several guys on the team that would fail the "good guy" test away from the camera at times.
I agree, I've always kimd of liked the guy. Seems to be one of those overachievers that people would pull for, not hate.

He has improved over the years and is actually pretty good.

I was hard on him at first, but I am happy to change my thoughts on a player any time they show improvement.  The one knock I have on him is when he goes for that "big hit" and whiffs.  Nothing grinds my gears more than watching him fly in for the tackle and the receiver makes him miss.  Other than that though, no argument he has come a long way from being the weak link.

As one of the people who has been really hard on him, he had a very good game yesterday.  None of those famous whiffs, got the INT and whacked some people. 

Two years ago, Sendejo deserved most of the complaints he got.  He was oftentimes out of position, late arriving, reckless with his hits and NEVER wrapped up on a tackle.  But he did play hard.  He took a big step last year in being in the right position far more often than not.  It looks like he's taken another step again this year and is playing very well.  My biggest gripe will still be his refusal to wrap up on a tackle and always going for the kill shot.  It will cost us at some point, but so far he's been swinging a pretty big axe and is knocking down the trees when he gets the opportunity.  

He has really stepped up his game. It's great to see.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I have been defending him for years on here as well.  Can't have an all-pro at every position but what you like to see is an improving player.  Sandejo played much better last year and has stepped up even more this year.  I have been also saying that even guys that have been in the NFL for a little while can improve like Sandejo.  This is his third year starting and he has improved every year.  But everyone gets stuck on that first year when he was on a huge learning curve next to Harry and wrote him off as scapegoat.  

Many fans will then pounce on every opportunity to highlight a missed play like as if Harry has never screwed up.  Last year the Sandejo haters (put themsleves in that corner and can;t get out for some reason) complained when he had that INT vs Philly and only brought it back to the 1 where out offense then screwed up - Sandejo's fault - just laughable.

Sandejo's best game - IMO - was the game we won the division vs GB.  He played lights out.  Harry got burned by the Packer TE and everyone was silent by that and then no one mentioned Sandejo's great game in run and coverage.  He was improving that year, was good last year and is playing better this year.