Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh man, did anyone else see this?
How sad, only 66. 

Prayers to McMichael and family...

Mongo was a stud. 

Steve McMichael enters Hall of Fame in ceremony at his home

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/4071...emony-home

RIP Steve McMichael. ALS is absolutely brutal. I used to work in hospice and seeing people suffer from ALS is one of the hardest things I have ever seen

(08-04-2024, 12:35 PM)Vikergirl Wrote: RIP Steve McMichael. ALS is absolutely brutal. I used to work in hospice and seeing people suffer from ALS is one of the hardest things I have ever seen

I don’t think he has passed yet.  You are right. It is the most god awful disease out there.  It’s doubtful he has much time left, and you just hope that he can go as peacefully as possible.

I agree...

My wife's 1st cousin was recently diagnosed with ALS and it is heartbreaking. On a feeding-tube now with no where to go but worse.

IMO this is one of the afflictions where I wish the patient could end their life peacefully and on their terms.
[-] The following 4 users Like purplefaithful's post:

My bad I read it wrong. I agree that he doesn't have much time left. ALS slowly robs you of everything until you are basically a shell.

I had a client with ALS that came over from another country. Her ex-husband cheated on her and her kids were basically waiting for her to die. As one of her last wishes, I helped her get her affairs in order so they wouldn't get her money. They tried to block her getting the care she needed so I advocated for her. Some people are absolutely disgusting. I'm glad he has support and people who love him. Steve Gleason of the Saints has been battling ALS for 13 years
[-] The following 2 users Like Vikergirl's post:

(08-04-2024, 12:54 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I agree...

My wife's 1st cousin was recently diagnosed with ALS and it is heartbreaking. On a feeding-tube now with no where to go but worse.

IMO this is one of the afflictions where I wish the patient could end their life peacefully and on their terms.

(08-04-2024, 02:16 PM)Vikergirl Wrote: My bad I read it wrong. I agree that he doesn't have much time left. ALS slowly robs you of everything until you are basically a shell.

I had a client with ALS that came over from another country. Her ex-husband cheated on her and her kids were basically waiting for her to die. As one of her last wishes, I helped her get her affairs in order so they wouldn't get her money. They tried to block her getting the care she needed so I advocated for her. Some people are absolutely disgusting. I'm glad he has support and people who love him. Steve Gleason of the Saints has been battling ALS for 13 years

Went through our own battle with ALS that ended like all others do.  Some of the bravest people alive are trapped in their own body.  Just awful.  Glad you were able to provide something good in an awful situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

(08-04-2024, 10:58 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: How sad, only 66. 

Prayers to McMichael and family...

Mongo was a stud. 

Steve McMichael enters Hall of Fame in ceremony at his home

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/4071...emony-home

Wow, appreciate your time and health