Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey!! Rooks report in one week!
At least the ones signed.... Cool

A little good cheer and a nice diversion from s  hit.

It would be incredibly stupid for all involved to go into training camp without McCarthy and Turner. The potential damage it could do to the players and the team is far greater than whatever trivial amount of money or bonus the two sides can't come together on. I'm sure they'll hammer out a deal before they're due to report. 

But yes, bring on the football, our annual Deus Ex Machina. From training camp forward, there will now be football of some kind happening until the Super Bowl.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

So Randy Moss's take is 'start McCarthy whether he's ready or not'. Stupid. When you hire a new employee to the company, first real job in their life out of college, you put them immediately on an important sales call with your top customer? No you don't. You give the person time and prepare that person for success. Lots to learn.

Like has been mentioned, one size does not fit all. Some guys can do it earlier, but generally everyone would benefit from some patience. Everyone's learning curve is different.

Yah, I am polar opposite of Randy on this issue...

The rookie QB road is littered with corpses. I would bet Nix, Caleb, Daniels and Maye all are starting this year - and it aint cause they're better than JJM or have a higher ceiling.

There is a reason the Vikings handed Darnold a $10mm bag. That'll be forgotten with the JJM bust headlines. 

Rooks report for camp in 5 days - WTF Vikings???

Is it me or does Kwesi seem to let everything play out until the end. Is there some strategy I don't see?  I don't get it.

JJM I'm for sitting him for the whole year. If Darnold lights it up this year I am good with them extending him for a couple more years. If Darnold is great one game and Meh in the next then start JJM next year and see where it goes.

Brick 
(07-16-2024, 08:07 AM)Still Hurtn Wrote: Is it me or does Kwesi seem to let everything play out until the end. Is there some strategy I don't see?  I don't get it.

JJM I'm for sitting him for the whole year. If Darnold lights it up this year I am good with them extending him for a couple more years. If Darnold is great one game and Meh in the next then start JJM next year and see where it goes.

No, not just you. Others have raised that issue re: KAM. I thought the JJ extension dragged on too long

I suppose I could see a point in the season where if Darnold is just terrible (and they like McCarthys growth trajectory) we see him starting at some point. 

Personally, I think Darnold could have a very nice year here...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(07-16-2024, 08:07 AM)Still Hurtn Wrote: Is it me or does Kwesi seem to let everything play out until the end. Is there some strategy I don't see?  I don't get it.

I don't know if I'd call it a strategy. I think Kwesi is just a little bit more prudent with his money than the previous administration. At the end of the day, it's probably a good thing. But losing Christian Wilkins to the Raiders still stings.

I read Randy's comments yesterday. Some people are reacting like Randy is some kind of QB whisperer and the team should listen to him. I honestly think he doesn't even pay attention. He probably doesn't even know or remember that both Culpepper and Brady sat a year before starting, not to mention Mahomes and Love. I doubt he knows that the data pretty clearly gives and advantage to QBs who are given time to develop over QBs who are asked to start right away.