Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow on injuries
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
As #Bengals QB Joe Burrow works his way back from the injury that ended last season, he goes deep on the psychology of it: “Whenever the injuries start to stack up, your football mortality kind of comes into the back of your mind.”

I like Burrow, I really do.....but this is an overrated dude IMO. Can't stay healthy. Plays well when healthy however....low INTs against TDs. Rooting for the kid, I love his swag and attitude. 29-22-1 as a starter. Will be 28 years old in December already, I thought he was younger for some reason. Scary wrist injury, best wishes for a injury free season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(06-12-2024, 07:44 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
As #Bengals QB Joe Burrow works his way back from the injury that ended last season, he goes deep on the psychology of it: “Whenever the injuries start to stack up, your football mortality kind of comes into the back of your mind.”

I like Burrow, I really do.....but this is an overrated dude IMO. Can't stay healthy. Plays well when healthy however....low INTs against TDs. Rooting for the kid, I love his swag and attitude. 29-22-1 as a starter. Will be 28 years old in December already, I thought he was younger for some reason. Scary wrist injury, best wishes for a injury free season.

That is surprising. He's six months older than Sam Darnold.

I can see why Bengals fans love Burrows. We'd love him here too - but man, the injury bug has really bitten him hard.

He is my prototype for "overpaid QB", as he got a ridiculous deal without being able to stay on the field; his little fashionista act is kinda fun, but it's not helping his on-field career.

Then again, after last season, maybe it should be Herbert. Even staying on the field, he didn't help much.....
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

I've frequently wondered how an oft-injured professional sports player (or college sports), can stay motivated after their second, or even third season-ending injury over their relatively short athletic careers. It's like Yogi Berra said: "Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical"

I'm surprised by the Joe Burrow digs... if anyone from that draft class is overrated or overpaid it's Justin Herbert. Burrow's stats are better than Herbert... and Burrow has taken his team to the playoffs twice, won 5 playoff games, and had his team in the Super Bowl. Herbert made the playoffs once and lost and has a career losing record.

I get the injury concern, but lots of QBs have been dinged up, we can go right down the line of all the starting QBs in the NFL right now and they've all missed time with some injury or another. Hopefully this isn't an Andrew Luck situation where he hangs it up early because of the mental grind of rehabbing injuries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

(06-12-2024, 11:08 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: I'm surprised by the Joe Burrow digs...  if anyone from that draft class is overrated or overpaid it's Justin Herbert.  Burrow's stats are better than Herbert... and Burrow has taken his team to the playoffs twice, won 5 playoff games, and had his team in the Super Bowl.  Herbert made the playoffs once and lost and has a career losing record.

I get the injury concern, but lots of QBs have been dinged up, we can go right down the line of all the starting QBs in the NFL right now and they've all missed time with some injury or another.  Hopefully this isn't an Andrew Luck situation where he hangs it up early because of the mental grind of rehabbing injuries.

Its just the injuries for me. He's missed a lot of games in his young career already. Plenty of fans dig on players for not staying healthy, but Burrow seems to have escaped most of that until this latest injury. He's played 4 seasons and missed 7 games in one season, 6 in another. Compromised in several. Super player outside of that, but yeah overrated because he can't stay healthy. Its important. And obviously mentally its taken a toll as he mentions. Another injury and he's going to think long and hard about NFL life.

Otherwise, I love the guy. On Herbert: with the emphasis that Harbaugh puts on having a strong O-line, expect his game to elevate.