Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those interested in NFL Sunday Ticket
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.

Yeah, we'll see what happens. The NFL has done some greedy shit with out-of-market games, etc. with the NFL Sunday Ticket which are really horseshit. This will probably instigate a package where you can just buy your favorite NFL team's games as a package if you are out of market. The NFL is always on the edge of anti-trust violations.

(06-07-2024, 09:50 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The NFL has done some greedy shit with out-of-market games, etc. with the NFL Sunday Ticket 

This is what really needs to be addressed.  it is really shady to have you pay a premium to be able to watch every game with the Ticket and then suddenly make you have to pay for a Peacock subscription to watch a game and then they doubled down and repeat that in the playoffs.  At some point if this is not controlled, the NFL is going to make you have to pay for every streaming service to have access to each game.
[-] The following 3 users Like JR44's post:

NFL Sunday Ticket is a BS product. First off, it only addresses Sunday games, so if your team is playing Thursday or Monday nights, tough crap. Saturday games in December/January? Nope, nada. Playoff games? Sorry, get yourself a Peacock subscription.

I did subscribe a few years ago...one time. That's when I realized the shortcomings. Never again.

If I need to watch a Vikings game that badly, we have multiple sports bars within ten minutes of me that I can go, wear my Vikings jersey and find like-minded friends to have a couple beers with. The value of NFL ST is less than zero.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

I'm going to pass on The Ticket this season and then re-up for 2025. Or if Minnesota does unexpectedly well, they have these deals on half packages, etc., I can always jump on that. Its so convenient to add content today for viewing on streaming services: In under a minute I can subscribe right from my remote control.

(06-07-2024, 01:49 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: NFL Sunday Ticket is a BS product.  First off, it only addresses Sunday games, so if your team is playing Thursday or Monday nights, tough crap.  Saturday games in December/January?  Nope, nada.  Playoff games?  Sorry, get yourself a Peacock subscription.

I did subscribe a few years ago...one time.  That's when I realized the shortcomings.  Never again.

If I need to watch a Vikings game that badly, we have multiple sports bars within ten minutes of me that I can go, wear my Vikings jersey and find like-minded friends to have a couple beers with.  The value of NFL ST is less than zero.

Everyone's wants and needs are different. For me, they can't take my money fast enough. I didn't like it much when the Ticket was part of DTV. I found myself paying a high price for a service I rarely used. I'm already a subscriber to YTTV, so adding the Ticket was a no brainer. I had it last year and there was not a single game I wanted to watch but couldn't. 

We will still occasionally do the Viking bar thing, but only because it's different...and fun. But the check at the end of game is often four and five times higher than the Ticket on a per game basis. Sure, we could sit and watch the game without beer and food, but what the hell fun is that? :-)
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(06-10-2024, 09:48 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Everyone's wants and needs are different. For me, they can't take my money fast enough. I didn't like it much when the Ticket was part of DTV. I found myself paying a high price for a service I rarely used. I'm already a subscriber to YTTV, so adding the Ticket was a no brainer. I had it last year and there was not a single game I wanted to watch but couldn't. 

We will still occasionally do the Viking bar thing, but only because it's different...and fun. But the check at the end of game is often four and five times higher than the Ticket on a per game basis. Sure, we could sit and watch the game without beer and food, but what the hell fun is that? :-)

Pretty much how I feel about getting the Ticket, I feel it's worth the price to never miss a Vikes game.
[-] The following 2 users Like 1VikesFan's post:

I’ve been sailing the seven seas for several years now. ST is nice. But not that nice. I’d rather buy tickets like we’ll do this year or a Jersey.

(06-10-2024, 06:00 PM)1VikesFan Wrote: Pretty much how I feel about getting the Ticket, I feel it's worth the price to never miss a Vikes game.

I think the Ticket is awesome and I've had it off and on for the last 17+ years. I've just turned incredibly fair-weather as a long time, long disappointed fan. I'll turn the game off quickly if they suck, watch other games and then check back in.