Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got one shot to see JJM live this pre-season
The way the Vikings' preseason schedule sets up, fans might not need to wait long to see J.J. McCarthy.

The Vikings begin their three-game exhibition schedule at home on Aug. 10, with a 3 p.m. game against the Las Vegas Raiders at U.S. Bank Stadium. It could give fans an early look at McCarthy, the 10th overall pick in the 2024 NFL draft who's expected to get time to learn before taking over the starting job.

If that's the case, he might not play until later in the 2024 regular season, if at all, which would mean his initial exposure to Vikings home games could be one of his few as a rookie.

Complete Vikings 2024 schedule
After the Raiders game, the Vikings will travel to Cleveland for an Aug. 17 matchup that's expected to be preceded by two days of joint practices with the Browns, where coach Kevin Stefanski will face the team that employed him for 14 years.

The Vikings will finish the preseason in Philadelphia on Aug. 24, taking on the Eagles in a noon game before final roster cuts.

The Vikings will play just eight regular-season home games at U.S. Bank Stadium, though they technically have nine on their schedule, counting their Oct. 6 game against the New York Jets in London.

Vikings preseason schedule
Saturday, Aug. 10, vs. Las Vegas, 3:05 p.m., Fox 9
Saturday, Aug. 17, at Cleveland, 3:25 p.m., Fox 9
Saturday, Aug. 24, at Philadelphia, Noon, Fox 9

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-pres...600366291/

Of course, I'm looking forward to seeing JJM play too. I hope he only plays moderately well though, enough to give us hope but not well enough to where we all start clamoring for him to start over Darnold. I'd really like to see him sit for most, if not all, of his rookie year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NorseFeathers's post:

I must say, he's a likable sort. He's been in the spotlight for quite some time now, but he somehow has managed to keep a streak of humility.

(05-27-2024, 08:44 AM)NorseFeathers Wrote: I must say, he's a likable sort. He's been in the spotlight for quite some time now, but he's somehow has managed to keep a streak of humility.

Raised right. Solid family. Mom was a competitive almost Olympic level figure skater. Engaged to his high school sweetheart. Polite, but confident with just the right amount of dawg and swag. Doesn't sweat. Has as many black friends as he does white, which isn't always the case with white QBs. He's got the 'it' factor.

Wondering what Alo was, I found this. Who knew I needed a separate shoe for....um, recovery? I thought I had it covered with my training shoes and my trail shoes and my running shoes and my "tennis" shoes. Makes me wonder, is there a shoe for Netflix and pizza?

I also didn't know my daughter needed not just tennis shoes, but shoes specific for volleyball. And not just cheer shoes for cheerleading but separate "competition" shoes. "Dad, they're different!" And my son needs cleats, spikes and turf shoes for baseball. And did you know that football cleats are not meant for the lacrosse and soccer field? And imagine the cringe if you're rocking softball shoes on a football field. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

The Nike Landshark....the only cleat you will ever need. Smile
(05-27-2024, 09:20 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Wondering what Alo was, I found this. Who knew I needed a separate shoe for....um, recovery? I thought I had it covered with my training shoes and my trail shoes and my running shoes and my "tennis" shoes. Makes me wonder, is there a shoe for Netflix and pizza?

I also didn't know my daughter needed not just tennis shoes, but shoes specific for volleyball. And not just cheer shoes for cheerleading but separate "competition" shoes. "Dad, they're different!" And my son needs cleats, spikes and turf shoes for baseball. And did you know that football cleats are not meant for the lacrosse and soccer field? And imagine the cringe if you're rocking softball shoes on a football field. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

If you don't have time to watch all of this, start viewing at the 13:51 minute mark. Phil Simms says he benefited by sitting and watching until he felt ready. He also says JJM has a cannon for an arm and the Viking receivers should get ready for a lot of fastballs.